Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, rowsdower said:

I heard from a current player that goes to the same water aerobics class as me that Stevie Hammel likes playing with matches, and also has a weird dislike of hotels.

I instantly knew where this was going but it still didn't disappoint. 

4 hours ago, Blink182 said:

I was born the year we won the cup so always want to see us win the cup. 

Is it not traditional that our cup winning captain should be despised by fans? If so this team might just be perfect candidates. A Lambie header in the final minute at Hampden, just in time to offer him a lifetime contract.  

Only if his first name is Tom and his second name is Boyd

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I think most of us know this. 
But if we somehow manage to beat Raith and then are lucky enough to draw winners of Darvel v Falkirk or Ayr v Elgin we have a more than decent chance of getting to a semi final as bizarre as that may be. 
Unless things change - either the Manager or the team performances or better yet both then an extra few hundred grand May come in handy next season in the Championship. 

Darvel would smash us.

I've held my tongue on this, but Hammell came into my work one day while he was still interim manager. He was fairly pleasant so I jokingly asked if he was getting the job and he said "probably not after Saturday" meaning the St Johnstone loss at Fir Park. He was appointed permanently about two days later. p***k.

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've held my tongue on this, but Hammell came into my work one day while he was still interim manager. He was fairly pleasant so I jokingly asked if he was getting the job and he said "probably not after Saturday" meaning the St Johnstone loss at Fir Park. He was appointed permanently about two days later. p***k.

You work at Specsavers?

37 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do you work in the popinjay?

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Sliding doors stuff Joe

Mitchel van der Gaag could be sitting in the Poppinjay at present scoffing at being told he could have been Manchester United assistant manager if he didn't come to us and get a 6th, 8th and 9th finishes.

(obv Poppinjay didn't burn down)

3 hours ago, Yoshi-91 said:

Talking of which, wtf is the script with that place? Always seem to be having issues. Bad management I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I'd say as its a smouldering ruin maybe not maintaining sprinklers would be classed as bad management Yoshi.

Or launching the match for the insurance payout is good management ........ 

#allegedly

I took the wean to the pool in the PoppinJay a few times. Is it gone now then?

Did Barry Ferguson not own or part own the Popinjay at one point? Sure he did with the boy who owns that Spice restaurant in Hamilton.

Not sure if he does now, however he did have some involvement with another business that went bust and came back reimagined under a different guise but keeping the same name… 

But anyway, I think that the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre can only be a good thing. Make the streets safer for all the canaries with the reduced pollution.

5 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Sure he did with the boy who owns that Spice restaurant in Hamilton.

Just to keep us off topic he’s a decent guy and anytime I’ve been in spice I’ve enjoyed it. He’s also just opened up the new German Doner Kebab in hamilton.

27 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Have to say, I don't mind this popinjay chat one bit. Can we ignore the fitba until at least Saturday? What do people think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

It doesn’t really have a high street and the Lanes are already vehicle free so I say bring it on.

4 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

And Josh Morris got a hattrick in Sligo

This fantasy cup win could see us pitted against Sligo again and they wouldn’t have their cigar smoking central defender pinging one in from 30 yards.

26 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Just to keep us off topic he’s a decent guy and anytime I’ve been in spice I’ve enjoyed it. He’s also just opened up the new German Doner Kebab in hamilton.

Spice is good. I've always liked it.

44 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Did Barry Ferguson not own or part own the Popinjay at one point? Sure he did with the boy who owns that Spice restaurant in Hamilton.

Not sure if he does now, however he did have some involvement with another business that went bust and came back reimagined under a different guise but keeping the same name… 

But anyway, I think that the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre can only be a good thing. Make the streets safer for all the canaries with the reduced pollution.

Him, the guy that owns spice and also a guy who owns (owned) some caravan parks down the Clyde valley. 

Was sold to some Dubai based consortium a few years back who owned another place in Perthshire but not sure who has it now. 

As for the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre? I could be convinced as long as they remember that traders need access to Dixons as they do say it’ll help people in wheelchairs. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

It doesn’t really have a high street and the Lanes are already vehicle free so I say bring it on.

I had a wander round a couple of months ago and found it nice enough but a wee bit odd and lacking in character. The wee market stall / beach hut area was quite nice though. They didn't seem to have any centre halves available though.