Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

A wee bit of infighting on P&B. Almost like a visit to Steelmen Online. 

Let’s not make that happen. I accept I am not always the beacon of forgiveness. But genuinely that is because it is 23:50 on a Saturday and I need a decent malt 🥃 or more like I have ha d a few.

We are all p1ssed off with our form and the imminent threat of relegation for the 1st time since my wife was at School 😳.

The sad reality is we are regressing and we possibly have a half way decent squad. 

I keep reading posts about how we should give Stevie time as there are new players. No and fkin no. That is not a reason. The players have downed tools. We need a fresh start. It may work it may not. But if he is still in the Job come Monday 🤷‍♂️.

I will still go to the Raith Rovers game. But that would be it for me. 

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

No theft involved, definitely a victory of some sort there for Lanarkshire's finest.

Identity theft in assuming the name of a similarly named previous entity, and laying claim to their dubious and financially doped honours is where real shady and underhand dealings lie.

😁

"Nice guys win nothing" - the successful clubs charter.

Should try it some time ;)

28 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

I know 'Well fans will have more to worry about, but got a question for you. Did Motherwell 'officially' win the Copa Del Rey in the 20's? I know it's in the trophy room and you beat Real Madrid in 1927 but when I checked Wiki it has another match as the final. Was it a special match rather than the actual Copa del Rey final for that year then? Why is it not listed in Motherwell's honours?

The "official" story is here: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/05/20/when-motherwell-were-the-kings-of-spain/

1668885586_Screenshot2023-02-04at21_43_41.thumb.png.2d05990ef5cfe2398d89325713dcfd42.png

31 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As if you could get near him :D 

Gotten a few personnel from Livi before, don’t see why he’d want to come on board at the moment though to be fair. Not entirely sure the financial situation between the clubs but aye if we could I’d take yer gaffer. 

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

"Nice guys win nothing" - the successful clubs charter.

Should try it some time ;)

I'd rather just be nice guys and not win anything tbf.

It's not the winning, it's the taking part, honesty and fair play that counts. 32 years following a team since last winning f**k all, whilst maintaining broadly the same modest numbers of support lays testament to that.

Would your teams numbers through the turnstiles remain consistent over such a horrifically long time, or would about 80% of them have fucked off like they did in the barren years of the 80s when you were winning f**k all and your attendances barely broke half of what they do now?

Anyway, all hypothetical and don’t want to further derail the thread. It was indeed an unofficial version, although we did beat Real to win it. Been nice chatting, all the best in your quest for '56'..... 55 more should do it.

4 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

On account of me not hating myself quite that much I had a smashing day oot at that Topgolf.

However I've just watched the highlights in the queue for a kebab and legitimately think I could make a more competent defence out of my fellow Shawarma King patrons.

Fair play. I've had five beers and I'm actually looking forward to the start of the promotion campaign.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

If we are losing a central defender each game should we deploy Casey next week or save him for Hammel’s last league game?

We need to start breaking out the cortisone

....... and maybe a testosterone shot or two for Goss and Spittal

Really sorry lads.  When we embarked on our process of becoming Motherwell 2018 we really didn't mean for you to become St Mirren 2018.

I appreciate it doesn't help much, but it wasn't intentional. Sorry.

Edited by Dagdagh
Illiteracy

45 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

We need to start breaking out the cortisone

....... and maybe a testosterone shot or two for Goss and Spittal

Didn’t realise testosterone was a sedative but when they wake up the game will be over.

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, As much as I think he should be away, I still don't think he will be.

I don't think the board will empty Stevie Hammell because he's Stevie Hammell.

As much as I would like him to leave I don't think there is a chance in hell he's walking or getting sacked.

I reckon he's here until start of March regardless.

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, I think you're reading way too much into that or at the very least over thinking it.

Over exaggeration for an intended comedic effect. Can't think of another reason why someone who apparently cares about our club seems so passive on the touchline and in interviews.

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

See tbh, I'm not sure I buy this at all. Shouting at folk doesn't necessarily make them any better,

Maybe not, but whatever he is doing now isn't working either. The team isn't playing to its 'strengths' and most could do with a metaphorical kick up the arse. I've not watched the Kerr documentary mentioned, but if Stevie needs someone to tell his players that that was shite at very high volume from a very close range I can be at Fir Park in less than 10mins. As it is, I feel he's the type to say 'I'm not angry, I'm disappointed' to 27 pairs of deaf ears.

I agree with all of you guys's other points. I'm not actually that shouty myself at the football, but then again it's not my job that's on the line. If Hammell is somehow still in charge by next home game, that defibrillator we got for outside the POD stand will be needed in the John Hunter for the guy a few rows behind me.

Whatever happens with SH will be.

But however dreadful we are I offer hope today that we can at least be optomistic in finishing above Kilmarnock.

Took in the Livi Killie game today and I can safely say that Killie are truly awful. They were totally overrun by a committed Livi side . 

Watching Killie confirmed my view of them at FP in late December that they are a talentless crew with little threat or creativity. Add to this is the fact that they barely did business in the Jan window , leaving them pretty bare for the run in. This really worries the Killie support.

I do therefore feel that once we bed in the new recruits and see the return of some of the injured players we will be well placed to finish ahead of Killie. Our match at the end of the month should show this.

As for finishing above County and United that's less certain but with our playing pool we shouldn't get too despondent regardless of Hammel's situation.

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

As much as I would like him to leave I don't think there is a chance in hell he's walking or getting sacked.

I reckon he's here until start of March regardless.

U may b right Busta. But if u r then we are royally fucked. 

We have an extremely small window to make the right changes and have a chance of extending our 38 year stay in the top flight. 

I believe he will be gone tomorrow or Monday latest. The club is owned by the fans and I suspect we are now at the stage that 90%+ want Hammell gone. 95% still love him and always will. But his appointment is turning out to be a mistake. No surprises in many ways. 

15 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

How much you reckon a season ticket in the Cooper will be at Championship prices?

I know that is kinda tongue in cheek but they will stay the same at best I reckon.