Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Did Burrows not mention before that the board don’t make big calls like this on the day of game? Fully expect Hammell to be in charge next week. 

Aye, that came out in the aftermath of the Alexander binning.

IIRC the McGhee sacking was announced the Tuesday after the 5-1 vs Dundee.

Unless he walks (he won't) I'd expect him to be in position next week. I could even see the board politely making a suggestion that he maybe gets some help as a solution rather than sacking him (see Robinson re-appearing on McGhee's staff).

16 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I expect he'll get off the bus, then get sacked.

14 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Cant bin him till the team gets back to Motherwell. Imagine sitting on the bus back home after being sacked. Awkward

Aye, just to clarify as my wording was poor.

If the decisions not made to pop him by the time the bus arrives back, then the board need a look at themselves.

Despite how things have panned out I still like Hamnell as a guy. Wouldn't like him having a Goodwin-esque undignified departure. A warm handshake, thanks for his efforts and on his way.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Really do not understand why the media team are still putting out this dross, week after week. Who is this for exactly?

It's literally a copy and paste job at this point. Same nonsense being said every week. 

40 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Massively this.

@Casagolda mentioned it earlier but compare today with the 2-3 at Pittodrie earlier in the season. At that point it felt like there was a common focus - even if it was as basic as wanting a GIRUY to Alexander.

The longer Hammell and Kerr have been in the job the worse we've been getting to the point that now, as you say, we don't look like we have a clue what we're doing and have a collection of (apparently) entirely unmotivated players.

If the player performances are getting worse and the team performances are getting worse that, unfortunately, reflects on the manager and his coaching staff.

I know you like to group them together, like every post. But why does Hammy get that privilege, maybe to mitigate the full amount of your anger of a club legend?

Nobody grouped Lucketti with Alexander in every post they made and that goes for everyone else as far back as I can remember.

Hammy is the one calling the shots and while Kerr offers zero its Hammy's gig and he's the ultimate decision maker. Even if ts to tell Kerr, "no that idea is shite, we're doing this".

A new manager won't do much unless its an immediate appointment and its 2 weeks away. Has Flao put the feelers out. I doubt it out of loyalty. So the mindset will be Raith are even worse than what we've faced, we surely can beat them, confidence boost, another few weeks to gel.

Hammy won't walk under his own volition. He still has the backing of that snivelling shower of charlatans. If I was Goss or Lamie I'd be his biggest cheerleader.

25 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I know you like to group them together, like every post. But why does Hammy get that privilege, maybe to mitigate the full amount of your anger of a club legend?

:lol: whit? Mitigate the full amount of my anger of a club legend?!

FWIW, I'm not angry about anything...Just disappointed.

I group them together because this is our coaching team. It's Hammell's responsibility but in the context of our group of players regressing to the extent they have the fact that we have a manager who had zero first team managerial or coaching experience and he's been paired (by choice) with a coach whose experience was relegating Albion Rovers and 12 games at EK seems relevant.

Dunno, it seems pertinent...important even in the context of the thread where people are wondering why we might have regressed.

Edited by capt_oats

Not a chance he'll walk IMO, suspect his personal circumstances will dictate that. Not like he'd have made a fortune as a player. 

If there's nowhere for them at the club then neither he or Kerr would be guaranteed a full time gig in football. 

I don't blame him, he's not really got any stock to lower so may as well stick it out as long as possible. 

Edited by gavin_3110

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol: whit? Mitigate the full amount of my anger of a club legend?!

FWIW, I'm not angry about anything...Just disappointed.

I group them together because this is our coaching team. It's Hammell's responsibility but in the context of our group of players regressing to the extent they have the fact that we have a manager who had zero first team managerial or coaching experience and he's been paired (by choice) with a coach whose experience was relegating Albion Rovers and 12 games at EK.

Dunno, it seems pertinent...important even in the context of the thread where people are wondering why we might have regressed.

Nah, I see it as you using Kerr as a crutch for Hammy. He's a big boy with a long playing track record. To suggest a wiser head would have made much difference I'm not buying.

We're regressed because we took a punt and he's not up to it. We were not seen as attractive to a big enough pool of quality candidates despite how much we lap up how well run, how our academy performs and how much money we have in the bank. He has not fixed glaring holes and made us unbalanced with zero cover.

Further to the pass to a guy in the same colour shirt as you post the other day, football games start with 11 players, have an understudy/back up in every one to cover injury, loss of form and if the tactics demand it. Some players will be able to cover more than a few positions .... this helps. Your forwards and #10 can make the difference. So 11 plus 11 and 2 impacts. A Squad of 24 of which you accept there will be a few you will go to last. We're back up to 28 is it?

3 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Nah, I see it as you using Kerr as a crutch for Hammy. He's a big boy with a long playing track record. To suggest a wiser head would have made much difference I'm not buying.

:lol: You're actually telling me what I mean? Are you fucking high?