Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think we were allowed one because Hayes was?

Aye if one team has to use a concussion sub then their opponents get an extra sub.

1 minute ago, Dosser1886 said:

One for the future, when that is the last type of player that we need at the moment.

Along with about half the squad atm. 

Why we went in to the window to spend time and effort signing 'projects' remains a mystery to me.

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Said this on the match thread but all the Bottom 4 losing is a perfect day for us, as long as it results in a change of manager.

This. 

I would have got rid after the shambles of Wednesday. But understood with the Aberdeen game a couple of days away we would wait to see how that game unfolds. 

The Board have to act now. The run we are on is a sackable offence. The direction of performances is in reverse. That is a sackable offence. The team line up and subs are a sackable offence. Taken altogether he should go and at some point over the next 48hours. 

We are not cut adrift. We have a game in hand over a couple of teams. It will take some shrewd judgement and luck to an extent, but if we can identify the right experienced Manager who can motivate this team then we may still stand an outside chance of avoiding relegation. I would even take the play offs at this point. 

I still think with new additions and a couple returning from injury we could get a serviceable team on the pitch. But not with Hammell in charge.

A great guy and yes a legend. But it simply has not worked out. Time to move on sadly. 

I was fine with his appointment, and thought it would be a breath of fresh air. There is no one I've wanted to see succeed more than hammy, but he hasn't learned anything, appointed a piss poor assistant, and is now just hanging on for as many weeks pay as he can. 

41 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

A clueless, rudderless team atm. 

Cannot see a way in which Hammell survives, which, let's be honest, nobody wants, but there comes a point where realism has to come in to play here. 

Pretty much this.

As I said earlier in the thread IMO he's toast now.

You don't come back from a league record of 1 win in 15, no wins in 11 and only 1 (ONE) win at home all season.

Everyone involved would do well to just own the situation now instead of kidding themselves on. Hammell doesn't even have the track record of turning things around to fall back on in the same way Robinson did.

Just admit we lost the run of ourselves in making the appointment and make the decision. We've emptied enough managers in our time to know when it's the right thing to do.

The one thing that might actually benefit us just now is a fresh voice and a fresh set of eyes.