Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

Mcallister for Ayr gave away the penalty and scored the OG as well...absolutely horrendous night for him...wonder when we will sign him?

About time one of our former players signed for you.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I’ve mentioned this before but every time I set out, turn right and head north I have returned undefeated.  I have a ticket for tomorrow.

Dreams can die.

God bless you Ropy. Despite my bet on the opposition I hope you have a great day and we pick up 3 much needed points.

Pittodrie has been a relatively happy hunting ground since 1991. I was that game and twisted my ankle celebrating the goal at the old beach end. I was also there for the Reid last minute goal. Two of my better away days. Hope we can emulate that tomorrow 🤞

Edited by welldaft

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

God bless you Ropy. Despite my bet on the opposition I hope you have a great day and we pick up 3 much needed points.

Pittodrie has been a relatively happy hunting ground since 1991. I was that game and twisted my ankle celebrating the goal at the old beach end. I was also there for the Reid last minute goal. Two of my better away days. Hope we can emulate that tomorrow 🤞

I was there for Reid’s goal but also for McGhee’s melt down, (when we brought it back to 6-2 I thought we had them on the ropes) a mixed bag.

Callum Butcher has just been released from Burton who have confirmed he’s signed for another club. I didn’t really rate him at Utd but I’d snap your hand off for an DM who’s guaranteed a booking every game. Hope he’s signed for us. 

Edited by dezz

Well, we have previous with paperwork taking it's time in a deal with Burton :-) I assume they released him before the deadline and didn't announce anything until he was confirmed with the other club. He could be a fit with a few teams up here, but would definitely do a job for us. 

22 minutes ago, eliphas said:

In my mind Butcher is about 25, turns out he is 31. 

To be fair, I think I stopped paying attention to things about 5/6 years ago mid 30s myself so this is on me. 

I'd take him in an instant. 

I agree with every part of this post.

Although performances have not been great we have been ‘competitive’ in games and been getting undone by howlers at the back.  I am choosing to believe that Wednesday was an outlier (it was shocking) caused in part by shoehorning new starts into the team without any introduction.

A training session on Friday may not have been sufficient to see the new squad gel but hopefully they all went out for coffee and bonded.

A battling point at Pittodrie will demonstrate that there may be life in the old dog and all hope is not yet lost.

I stand to be corrected.

11 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

Thought Connor Shields played well. Held the ball up nicely and put in a couple of good crosses when he drifted out wide. Hopefully can regain a bit of confidence at the lower level ahead of playing there with us next season. 

Do you think that he'll be back for us next season is his contract not up 

8 hours ago, dezz said:

Callum Butcher has just been released from Burton who have confirmed he’s signed for another club. I didn’t really rate him at Utd but I’d snap your hand off for an DM who’s guaranteed a booking every game. Hope he’s signed for us. 

And there he is! A defensive midfielder. Halcyon days!