Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It mightve been @Swello, so I apologise if I'm wrong, but the explanation that football is very simple; pass it to someone in the same shirt as you. If someone beside you is wearing a different shirt, try and move away from them.

Just do that ffs and score some fucking goals. So fucking bored of this team and the fucking meek acceptance of loss and defeat. Someone leather someone, someone hit the target and have c***s follow it up, have a bit of fucking dig or pride in your own performance.

Stick with McKinstry, Deano and Max, Motherwell boys that give a f**k, drop the guys that have been underperforming for months and have a bit of fucking bravery and try and win a fucking game. 

Long past the point of being arsed about winning or losing, but an ounce of enjoyment out of a Saturday wouldn't go amiss.

I’d add wee Tierney to that list. Only thing he seems to have done wrong is be 5’7”.

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

I’d add wee Tierney to that list. Only thing he seems to have done wrong is be 5’7”.

Aye and he’s happy to play Danzaki, Furlong and Aitchison who are all about the same height and weights as Tierney….

Just watched Aitchison's presser there, "met the boys on Wednesday", don't know what the drill is for a 19:45 KO game if we train in the morning or they rock up a couple of hours before but as I said way back, what a swift kick in the baws to boys he's nurtured to drop all three for guys in the door.

Said at the time that was poor man management and doubling down on that now.

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Aye this team is just joyless to watch. I cannae even remember the last time I got even remotely excited about something watching us. There's not even been like a solid tackle or someone successfully taking a man on. It's just all so unbelievably fucking boring. 

I really enjoyed the Utd and Hearts games at Fir Park - high tempo attacking stuff which was actually quite exciting but utterly unrecognisable from now

Just now, Swello said:

I really enjoyed the Utd and Hearts games at Fir Park - high tempo attacking stuff which was actually quite exciting but utterly unrecognisable from now

I missed the United game tbf. By the time the full time whistle went I was absolutely blootered at a wedding. 

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I missed the United game tbf. By the time the full time whistle went I was absolutely blootered at a wedding. 

Good decision TBF. My point was really that it's been months since folk have been off their seats at Fir Park - If we sign a defender and he clatters someone, he'll feel like he's scored a goal.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

Good decision TBF. My point was really that it's been months since folk have been off their seats at Fir Park - If we sign a defender and he clatters someone, he'll feel like he's scored a goal.

If we bring back Nirrenold to put in one single tackle like that one against Hearts at the end of the season I reckon I'd pass out with excitement. 

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I was absolutely up to my eyeballs with Covid and still managed to leap off the couch. 

I'd think showing up to that wedding knowing you're Covid19 positive would get you less heat than Hammy is on here at present. Being on a couch drunk seems like therapy.

Edited by Kapowzer

59 minutes ago, Swello said:

Yep, 100%. As someone else said earlier too - the first few games you could visibly see a change in the way we played with Hammy coming in...and it was more than just a new manager bounce for me.

That difficult run of games really seems to have fucked us confidence wise both on and off the pitch 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64458072

Manager Steven Hammell insists he has the backing of Motherwell's players after their "worst performance of the season" left them anchored in the Scottish Premiership.

Well have only goal difference keeping them from 12th after a lacklustre defeat by St Johnstone on Wednesday.

Hammell's side have not won a league game since October or at home in the top flight since August.

"We spoke pretty harshly after the game and rightly so," he said.

"We spoke and a few of the experienced ones came and spoke individually about how they're still onside, how they want us to do well and how they believe in the work we are doing here. That's fine them saying that and me saying that, but we need to go and show it.

"I believe I have the support of the players and the people above me at the club, but I also understand the results recently have not been good enough. The performance on Wednesday was the thing we were disappointed with the most, it's something we've not seen this season."

Edited by Alanos

8 minutes ago, Alanos said:

"I believe I have the support of the players and the people above me at the club, but I also understand the results recently have not been good enough. The performance on Wednesday was the thing we were disappointed with the most, it's something we've not seen this season."

Yeah we aren't going to sack him, buckle up for the slowest ride you've ever been on!

24 minutes ago, Alanos said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64458072

Manager Steven Hammell insists he has the backing of Motherwell's players after their "worst performance of the season" left them anchored in the Scottish Premiership.

Well have only goal difference keeping them from 12th after a lacklustre defeat by St Johnstone on Wednesday.

Hammell's side have not won a league game since October or at home in the top flight since August.

"We spoke pretty harshly after the game and rightly so," he said.

"We spoke and a few of the experienced ones came and spoke individually about how they're still onside, how they want us to do well and how they believe in the work we are doing here. That's fine them saying that and me saying that, but we need to go and show it.

Sounds quite vote-of-confidence-y.

Tbf, none of that is particularly surprising. Even more so given there's a pile of players just in the door and also if we're waiting on contracts being signed by others.

By all accounts he was full of chutzpah at the AGM. I wouldn't expect noises to be coming from him along the lines of "aye, we're fucked lads...".

That said there's a point at which it becomes unavoidable.

Like, I guess it's possible for the board still to support him but also acknowledge that a decision has to be made and that they've fucked it in the first place.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

It mightve been @Swello, so I apologise if I'm wrong, but the explanation that football is very simple; pass it to someone in the same shirt as you. If someone beside you is wearing a different shirt, try and move away from them.

Some memory my man...just the 4 and a half years ago! 😂

On 07/08/2018 at 10:47, Al B said:

The thing about that goal in the example above, is that no-one does anything that's actually difficult. It's a pure example of a balanced midfield, with everyone concentrating and paying attention, knowing what they are doing.

I get that that's it's own type of "difficult", but what I mean is it doesn't involve someone beating 4 men and smashing top bins, or Higdon-ing a volley in from 30 yards...the things that generally take up "budget". At it's essence it's just a pure example of if you have the ball, give it to someone wearing the same clothes as you. If you don't have the ball, don't stand next to people wearing different clothes.