Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Ordinarily I'd say I'd trade winning the cup and going down but not with this shower. It's bad enough our last cup win is tainted by Tom fucking Boyd. If we had to fawn over and laud the likes of Rickie Lamie and Sean Goss for the next 32 years I think I'd greet. 

This is a fucking great point. I think everyone has made the joke of "we'll go down and win the cup, Tthe Motherwell way!" but you have put me right aff that thought. Great point.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Lennon would not be my choice but we are now at desperation stakes. 

We need to go to an Experienced Manager and offer them a gig till the end of the season. 3.5 months. Give him £100k plus a bonus if he keeps us up. £100k may not seem like much but annualised would be akin to circa £400k. 

But jeezy peeps we need to do something or championship here we come. 

You want to give someone 28.5K a month? what is this madness?

48 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Anyone been able to get tickets for the Raith game yet? 

We've not tried. We decided last night to wait on it, we'll go but the wind was taken out our sails.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

We've not even tried to sort that midfield. 

That blows my mind. 

A rumoured enquiery about 1 midfielder isn't trying BTW.

Aye. I'm no Barry Maguire stan but we loaned him out and haven't bothered replacing him.

Like, what the actual f**k? If we're playing with two midfielders in the 4231 that the squad seems to have been built for now then we have 3 players for those two roles.

Given the extent to which Hammell was constantly having to point to our lack of depth in the first half of the season that is fucking mind blowing.

Also, to that point. See when he was going on about how much of a problem our injury situation was then. Did no one think to tell him we could still fucking sign free agents? Like we didn't *have* to be running the same 14 players into the ground?

Again, that was a fucking *choice* he made.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This is a fucking great point. I think everyone has made the joke of "we'll go down and win the cup, Tthe Motherwell way!" but you have put me right aff that thought. Great point.

You want to give someone 28.5K a month? what is this madness?

We've not tried. We decided last night to wait on it, we'll go but the wind was taken out our sails.

You want to attract a decent experienced Manager that may just have an outside chance of keeping us up (as a project) rather than a long term contract. We would need to make it finically attractive as it is almost a no win situation.

Most of the top flight Managers will be on £125k+ The City clubs £200k+. Old Firm likely £500k+.

The above was an example / suggestion. If we could get someone on £15k a month then fine but it needs to be worth their while especially as it is likely they will need to move home for a few months. 

I fully expect Hammell will get Aberdeen as it is only a couple of days a way. But another loss regardless of performance should be the final straw. After last night I would hope and expect the Board are already discussing what our options would be. After Aberdeen we have 1.5 weeks before next league game at home to St Mirren. That would be the time to act. 

He simply should not be in charge of the Cup game if (as I fully expect) we lose this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. I'm no Barry Maguire stan but we loaned him out and haven't bothered replacing him.

Like, what the actual f**k? If we're playing with two midfielders in the 4231 that the squad seems to have been built for now then we have 3 players for those two roles.

Given the extent to which Hammell was constantly having to point to our lack of depth in the first half of the season that is fucking mind blowing.

Also, to that point. See when he was going on about how much of a problem our injury situation was then. Did no one think to tell him we could still fucking sign free agents? Like we didn't *have* to be running the same 14 players into the ground?

Again, that was a fucking *choice* he made.

Think that's what giving us all a massive dose of the WTF's, we're just fans in the crowd looking at this once or twice a week and calling out the obvious issues and deficiencies that are and have been there for what seems like forever. But the guy that is meant to be coaching the team, picking the players and formation along with bringing in replacements to hopefully help resove these issues apparently cant. If that is the case it just blows everyones mind and he has to go.

One big problem we have is that, unless there's a Craig Brown type waiting in the wings, we've never shown ourselves to be particularly quick at getting replacements in the door.  There's no-one within the club at present who could easily step up, even on an interim basis, and get anything like the kind of reaction we need.

The board need to act quickly, as I think another month of this would be too late, regardless of who we brought in.

5 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

One big problem we have is that, unless there's a Craig Brown type waiting in the wings, we've never shown ourselves to be particularly quick at getting replacements in the door.  There's no-one within the club at present who could easily step up, even on an interim basis, and get anything like the kind of reaction we need.

The board need to act quickly, as I think another month of this would be too late, regardless of who we brought in.

Tbf, we appointed Alexander in 7 days.

Time is a luxury we simply don’t have if we want to do everything in our powers to remain a top flight side. 

Everyone understands the impact of relegation none more so than the Board at Motherwell FC.

Lose on Saturday and his time is or should be definitely up. I believe it is already, but fairs fair if somehow we manage to turn last nights team into a team that can win at Pittodrie then who knows maybe there is an outside chance. But witnessing last nights shambles that would be a turnaround of epic proportions.

No one would blame the board if they try something and it does not work. We would blame the board if after literally no evidence of improvements and a quite frankly awful run of home results and in general they fail to act and act swiftly. 

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

We're probably still paying him.

Thats probably half the reason Stevie is still clinging on. Can we afford to pay him to sit about along side Alexander and ANOTHER manager to come in?

Edited by Yoshi-91

7 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I did actually wonder about that...if he's still under contract to us, would we consider a Serie A esque return from gardening leave?

Anyone? No?

Have a wee look at the Sligo highlights and then ask yourself the question