Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, AdamMFC said:

Walking out of that shit show at FTbI made my peace with being relegated. Aye it's shite, no one wants to be relegated but on the other side, we play new teams, visit new grounds, don't have to deal with the arse cheeks and hopefully win a trophy for coming back up. The fear of course is becoming a Falkirk or Dunfermline but I'd like to think we wouldn't do that.

As for Hammell, tonight was the straw that broke the camels back for me. 2 down just 4 minutes into the 2nd half, that's plenty time for most team to at least try and mount a comeback but he's just standing on the touchline, hands in his pockets watching the world go by. He should be screaming barking orders at them on how to fix the mess their in. He just seems too much of a nice guy to me.

Posh spice wasn’t even involved in this

The club is rotten from top to bottom. Alexander ? Absolute disaster ! Worst thing that happened to our club was qualifying for Europe. It made things look ok when in reality we won 3 games between Christmas and the end of the season. This goes beyond Alexander now tho.. we are in trouble because if the boards decisions. STOP GIVING JOBS FOR THE BOYS AND SORT US OUT !!🤬🤬

Hammell's choosing to ignore the glaring hole in midfield has been fucking criminal.

I don't know why we're sticking with Goss and Slattery. Absolute shite.

I know it's not happening so I won't be shouting about it but Hammell should go.

As for SOD and the injury claim, I've a mate who knows him and that's never the message I hear. He's always fit and just never picked. He's been utter baws since joining us though and I do think he moves like he's always injured.

54 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Who is available on the manager market other than yogi and the other perma mentions?

If you're looking at managers from the same sort of pool as McCall/Alexander eg: League 1/League 2:

Grant McCann although he's just recently left Peterborough so you'd think he'd still be getting paid.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink left Burton September 2nd 2022
Michael Appleton again left Blackpool in January so probably isn't looking for a new gig.
Steve Morison left Cardiff September 18th 2022
David Artell left Crewe 11th April 2022
Lee Boyer left Birmingham 2nd July 2022
Liam Manning left MK Dons 11th December 2022

I mean, as @Handsome_Devil has said at this point in the season there are likely to be coaches available and also looking at the fact that it's still only February we're 1 point from safety with a game in hand and think that it's entirely doable to come in and fix us.

Edited by capt_oats

Wasn’t particularly impressed with any of the new guys tonight, early days.

For signing lots of forward players we still have no attack.

If we scored goals it would mitigate our deficiencies in defence, but we don’t.

We don’t play the ball forward or if we do there is no one near KVV when the ball bounces off him or one of the three defenders marking him knocks it down.  It’s pointless.

We don’t take pot shots (Crankshaw had a tame one) Stevie May was peppering the goal from 25 yards, sometimes they go in or the keeper spills it.

We don’t do passing.

We go again.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If you're looking at managers from the same sort of pool as McCall/Alexander eg: League 1/League 2:

Grant McCann although he's just recently left Peterborough so you'd think he'd still be getting paid.
Michael Appleton again left Blackpool in January so probably isn't looking for a new gig.

I mean, as @Handsome_Devil has said at this point in the season there are likely to be coaches available and also looking at the fact that it's still only February we're 1 point from safety with a game in hand and think that it's entirely doable to come in and fix us.

Tommy Wright free?

Edited by ZX1886

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Wasn’t particularly impressed with any of the new guys tonight, early days.

For signing lots of forward players we still have no attack.

If we scored goals it would mitigate our deficiencies in defence, but we don’t.

We don’t play the ball forward or if we do there is no one near KVV when the ball bounces off him or one of the three defenders marking him knocks it down.  It’s pointless.

We don’t take pot shots (Crankshaw had a tame one) Stevie May was peppering the goal from 25 yards, sometimes they go in or the keeper spills it.

We don’t do passing.

We go again.

We go again ? I know what you are saying mate but we don’t go again it’s simple as that. We are  statistically gonna be ok but f**k sake 🤦‍♂️  Same as a few lads in here will remember wi the St Mirren game under Malpas !! We are in trouble 😪

I didn’t think the 2.5 hrs I spent sitting in traffic on my way to the game would be the highlight of my night, but there you go. 

That was right up there with the worst I can remember tonight. Without a change in the dugout, we’re doon. And even if we do change it (we won’t) whoever comes in has to work with that shitshow of an unbalanced squad we’ve managed to assemble. Grim. 

47 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

The club is rotten from top to bottom. Alexander ? Absolute disaster ! Worst thing that happened to our club was qualifying for Europe. It made things look ok when in reality we won 3 games between Christmas and the end of the season.

Probably covering old ground again, but this was again what I was discussing with my old man on the way home tonight.

European qualification was a kinda sliding doors moment as we had been utter dugmeat for months, but the club then stuck with the manager as, to all intents and purposes, he had ticked all the boxes and reached all the objectives. The reality, though, was that he needed bagged. If we'd done that and brought in a manager with a modicum of experience, the whole Hammell experiment need not have happened and we might all have been having nightmare free sleeps.

As it is, the board have fucked it, the mess Alexander left us in has worsened, and we look absolutely doomed. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, and all the fresh faces in the window won't make any fucking difference. Or something. 

Edited by 'WellDel

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Liam Manning left MK Dons 11th December 2022

You on the bus yet?

For me, as many of are well versed and know, our next manager will either be looking for a clean slate/redemption arc, a former player looking for their first/second gig, a number 2 or coach well regarded looking to go out on their own or a jobber.

It will be down to how much where we are and what we've got will aid or hamper their own career aspirations and if Scotland is deemed too far/out the way. Salary obviously is a thing too so how much we can afford.

Flao made it clear that its a common issue they have to deal with getting the English to even consider up here as it's felt they go off the radar.

If you get a Vincent Kompany at Burnley (obv on a lower budget) you're doing well, you find the next Eddie Howe you're onto a major winner.

Edited by Kapowzer

Just now, DrewDon said:

You should simply sack Hammell tomorrow, appoint Goodwin before the weekend, and then turn up to Pittodrie on Saturday and claim your three points in the most hilarious possible circumstances. 

To be fair we’ll still probably pick up the three points on Saturday with Hammell in charge, even though we’re terrible

43 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

As for SOD and the injury claim, I've a mate who knows him and that's never the message I hear. He's always fit and just never picked. He's been utter baws since joining us though and I do think he moves like he's always injured.

That may very well be the case. I'm certainly not ITK, the injury thing was just something I'd heard tonight.

I thought he started off well enough but definitely tailed off post-Euros and hasn't really looked the same player since.