Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Does not seem to have much Senior experience. Has played reasonably regularly for Brighton Under 21’s. Including yesterday in a 3-1 win over Leicester City under 21’s. 

Again good luck to the lad. He will hopefully be enthusiastic if nothing else 🤞

I'm doubtful that two, basically youth projects, can dig us out of out current predicament. 

Underwhelmed and worried in equal measure if this is the sum of our late recruitment push. Looking at the business done elsewhere, I honestly think we're fucked.

21 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He is not Connor Shields. There is that 🤷‍♂️.

Welcome to the club Jack. Hopefully you can make me eat my words or my unexcited reaction….

Amen. He's certainly scored more goals than Shields this year. In fact he's scored the same amount this year as Conor has in his full Well career.

But of chat on twitter about Oisin McEntee, a CB from Walsall. Not from any reputable sources though. Only 22  so not exactly experienced and only played once in L2 this season. 

Also…that would have been ideal. Damn. 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I reckon no one we sign will be over 23

100%.

An u23 'star' from ..... 'insert English team academy' isny going to save us, and at this stage there's no chance of an experienced head coming in.

Sorry, but I'm sticking to my assertion that we're fucked.

Who needs a steady team with when you do a full rebuild in January. Minor tinkering plan right oot the windae

----------------- Kelly -----------------

Johnston -- New Guy -- Blaney -- Furlong

--------- McGinn ---- Slattery ----------

Crankshaw ----- Danzaki ----- McKinstry

------------ KvV - Mandron ------------

(I really should have Lamie and Goss in there as he refuses to drop them)

In context, off the back of Mandron's injury, Aitchison seems like a good pick up. Not in a like for like sense but just as a general body around the place.

Take a look at the other business for similar positions you've had Rudden to St Johnstone, Watt to St Mirren (with a wage tab we weren't going to pick up), Simon Murray to County, Watkins stayed at Aberdeen.

He's played plenty of games so it's not like he's a project and he's basically replaced Connor Shields - fair enough.

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

But of chat on twitter about Oisin McEntee, a CB from Walsall. Not from any reputable sources though. Only 22  so not exactly experienced and only played once in L2 this season. 

Also…that would have been ideal. Damn. 

I saw McEntee was on the bench for Walsall tonight.

That's annoying about Fuchs, it at least suggests that they've maybe been reading @Busta Nut's Tweets though.