Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I started questioning Hammell's judgement when I clocked that he's following renowned creep and all round goon Andrew Tate on Twitter dot com but f**k me this is genuine shambles territory.

Christ we're going to get relegated due to the fucking incel pipeline arent we?

28 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Agree totally @Ron Aldo, that's exactly where I am.

I'm not on the 'Hammell out now' bus but as far as I'm concerned it's scheduled for departure at midnight and I'll be hopping on unless he's at least tried to address some of the issues we've all seen for months.

Is there anything to suggest that he/we haven’t tried?

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I started questioning Hammell's judgement when I clocked that he's following renowned creep and all round goon Andrew Tate on Twitter dot com but f**k me this is genuine shambles territory.

Christ, that's a damning revelation.

Let's hope his judgement of footballers is better than his judge of character if that's who he's following. 

I follow people on Twitter who I don’t like solely for point and laugh purposes. Not sure I ever followed Andrew Tate but I know I checked his page most days around the time wee Greta Thunberg sent him to the cleaners. I like a look at his page again now to see how miserable a time he’s having in jail. Not sure it’s quite the damning indictment yous think, unless he’s liking and sharing his nonsense.

In terms of transfers it seems to be half shitshow, half rotten luck if Mandron’s injury is a bad one. Hard to get my head around the idea that he can’t see the glaring holes in the team, in-fact I’d be astonished if he couldn’t. But the reality is here we are scrambling around on deadline trying to plug gaps.

Ideally we need 4 players by the end of today but realistically we’re not going to get that. Will reserve any heads gone until the window SLAMS SHUT though. 

It's too easy I think to just call it a shambles, and a joke.

On it's own, most other seasons, signing 4 players well before the end of January would be deemed a success. We'd be sitting saying - decent window, if we get in another couple before midnight that would be ideal.

A central defender (Blaney), winger (Crankshaw), attacking mid (Danzaki) and striker (Mandron) is not bad business really on it's own.

But, the challenge this window is ideally we literally need someone in nearly every position and that was just never going to happen early doors, realistically, with the way clubs operate in the January window and the budget we have

• We probably don't need a goalie but some would disagree.
  • We need a left back because the two we have are out and Penney decided to bolt to the surprise of both clubs who'd agreed a season long deal. Position not filled.
  • We need new central defenders because the ones we have are guff. Blaney the only addition.
  • We kinda needed a better right back as SOD won't do and McGinn is...ok at a stretch. So Max Johnstone was brought back
  • We need a hard b*****d tackling midfielder to.....complement....what we have there. Position not filled
  • We needed wingers/attacking mids as all we have fit are Spittal/McKinstry/Shields/Tierney playing across 3 positions essentially, and blowing hot and cold. We've added Crankshaw and Danzaki
  • We needed a striker to challenge KVV. We added Mandron. He got injured.

Every position is a priority pretty much. So it's a balancing act really of getting what we can. Would I have been happy had we not signed any forward players but got  a centre half and central midfielder? Probably not. Will I be happy if we have signed 4 attacking players and not signed anymore defensive players come end of the window? Probably not. 

I think you'd be daft to think Hammel and the club haven't tried to address the issues but they've said themselves deals have fallen through. 

Edited by eliphas

Not sure how we have gotten into the Twitter subject but following people you don’t like or agree with it good for your soul. Can give a different perspective and also stop you from living in a bubble and echo chamber. Which quite a few folk really need to get out off.

Four signings needed, however think we will get two Max.

Like others, I was hoping to get our “business done” nice and early in the window.  The squad we might be left with tomorrow is giving me the fear. I can’t see us getting out the trouble we’re in with Spittal hiding from tackles for the rest of the season.  

I’m far from in the know, but the fact I’ve heard no whispers about “so n so met so n so’s dugs cousins owner who said that Stevie Hammell told their pal…” is making today fairly boring. 

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Not sure how we have gotten into the Twitter subject but following people you don’t like or agree with it good for your soul. Can give a different perspective and also stop you from living in a bubble and echo chamber. Which quite a few folk really need to get out.

I’m not sure diversifying by following the likes of pro/anti Brexit/union/Airdrie type people is comparable with following Andrew Tate tbf

Edited by Ceiling Granny

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Not sure how we have gotten into the Twitter subject but following people you don’t like or agree with it good for your soul. Can give a different perspective and also stop you from living in a bubble and echo chamber. Which quite a few folk really need to get out off.

What complete and utter shite. We're talking about Andrew Tate not a local politician who doesn't share the same views as you.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What complete and utter shite. We're talking about Andrew Tate not a local politician who doesn't share the same views as you.

But from a ‘know your enemy’ point of view, I understand it. I feel personally for me it’s important to know how vile some of these people are so I can debunk their shite if I ever get caught up in a debate with someone who believes it.

Not sure how we got onto Twitter follows on transfer deadline day haha, but if it can beat SuperMarv day then I’m calling it a success. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Really, thank you for your well thought out and presented response.….. I think we can be talking about anyone. I follow multiple people I dislike (not Tait didn’t have a clue who he was until about a week ago). 

Was reading the BBC Motherwell transfer deadline day page.

i had a good chuckle at this.

Harry: Hearing that Adam Cummins is returning to the club till the end of the season to replace Sondre Solholm Johansen who is leaving today.

this isn't true...... please say it isn't true.

5 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Was reading the BBC Motherwell transfer deadline day page.

i had a good chuckle at this.

Harry: Hearing that Adam Cummins is returning to the club till the end of the season to replace Sondre Solholm Johansen who is leaving today.

this isn't true...... please say it isn't true.

I thought my idle musings on the re-signing of Tyler Magloire was inventive.

Can't wait until this evening for when that creepy stalks outside Fir Park and watches the comings and goes. Gets all excited just to see it's the cleaners leaving.

image.thumb.jpeg.eafd272829326704eca9833d15e99326.jpeg

Sounds like Connor Shields to Queen's Park on loan has been completed, the Daily Record suggesting that they beat St Mirren to his signature.