Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Yer man Nixon says you've bid for Gerard Garner from Fleetwood Town.

I don't subscribe to his patreon either, it just turns out he titles his posts with their names and it shows up on the preview page 😂

https://www.patreon.com/ReluctantNicko

17 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm now fully expecting us not to sign a midfielder but say we've still got irons in the fire for an out of contract player. Drag it out a bit more, say it fell through and then just play Goss, Slattery and Spittal in midfield for the rest of our collective eternal hell. 

FTFY. 

Just now, William Williams said:

How can stmirren afford to take watt on loan when they are supposed to be as skint as we are 

Brophy leaving on loan frees up some amount of wages for them, along with Erhahon potentially leaving too.

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I’ve noticed he doesn’t seem to be most popular player from what I’ve read online. Been to a couple of Motherwell games this season and seemed to play out wide and looked fairly out his depth. Any chance he’ll do a job in the championship? 

The plot thickens 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64456156

Fleetwood Town have signed Peterborough United striker Jack Marriott and Charlton Athletic forward Jayden Stockley on two-and-a-half year deals.

League One Cod Army say they paid "substantial" undisclosed fees for both players.

Ex-Derby and Luton forward Marriott, 28, has seven goals in 28 games this season for Posh.

Stockley, 29, netted three times in 29 appearances for the Addicks this season, 22 of which were starts.

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’ve noticed he doesn’t seem to be most popular player from what I’ve read online. Been to a couple of Motherwell games this season and seemed to play out wide and looked fairly out his depth. Any chance he’ll do a job in the championship? 

Seemed to do reasonably well with Queen of the South in the Championship previously.

Consensus seems to be that he wants to be played through the middle. As you say, has been out his depth here which has led to his confidence being completely shot and him hiding throughout games. Needs a fresh start at a lower level, so for both him and us, I hope you get him signed up. 

10 minutes ago, Alanos said:

The plot thickens 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64456156

Fleetwood Town have signed Peterborough United striker Jack Marriott and Charlton Athletic forward Jayden Stockley on two-and-a-half year deals.

League One Cod Army say they paid "substantial" undisclosed fees for both players.

Ex-Derby and Luton forward Marriott, 28, has seven goals in 28 games this season for Posh.

Stockley, 29, netted three times in 29 appearances for the Addicks this season, 22 of which were starts.

I'm not having "Cod Army", sorry.

#bitored

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think most see that as the level he'll do well at. He's got the attributes - he's fast, has big sexy muscles and knocks his pan in every game but it just hasn't worked for him here. He played through the middle a couple of times and in those very brief spells looked far more effective, but he's been out wide most of the season and despite his pace he hasn't really done anything of note. 

No-one can doubt his effort so I imagine most folk will wish him well

25 minutes ago, CoF said:

I think most see that as the level he'll do well at. He's got the attributes - he's fast, has big sexy muscles and knocks his pan in every game but it just hasn't worked for him here. He played through the middle a couple of times and in those very brief spells looked far more effective, but he's been out wide most of the season and despite his pace he hasn't really done anything of note. 

No-one can doubt his effort so I imagine most folk will wish him well

I’m sorry. I’m not buying the bust his pan in every game. I’ll use the Rangers game at Ibrox as an example. Shat out of two 50/50’s against 90 yr old Alan MCGregor. Someone who tries really hard would burst a gut for them.  Constantly imo plays on his heels not his toes and his reaction time is always a second or two late.

He is built like a wall but doesn’t know how to use it, has pace to burn but doesnt use it. Other than that he’s great.

5 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’m sorry. I’m not buying the bust his pan in every game. I’ll use the Rangers game at Ibrox as an example. Shat out of two 50/50’s against 90 yr old Alan MCGregor. Someone who tries really hard would burst a gut for them.  Constantly imo plays on his heels not his toes and his reaction time is always a second or two late.

He is built like a wall but doesn’t know how to use it, has pace to burn but doesnt use it. Other than that he’s great.

That's my view of him as well - the narrative recently about poor Conor and he tries so hard out of position is very very very kind. He's looked muck through the middle, muck out wide, hides after about an hour, shirks tackles and even when presented with a good chances usually doesn't take it. Good for filling a shirt though.

20 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Aye, that's fair. I was going to mention the times he shat it. I don't think that means he doesn't try though - he was regularly back in our own half putting a tackle in, and usually did a decent job of it. Plenty of games he did more defensively than any of our centre mids.