Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I obviously hope this turns out to be the case but I don't see how anyone can judge either way until we see what our LB/CB/six situation is on Wednesday.

Lose today and I suspect we're in for a very panicky few days (from outside FP at least). We've used the phrase "potentially season-defining" a lot recently, the next five days are without a doubt "season-defining" and I'll be remaining nervous as f**k until they're done!

I agree with you. But plenty have already judged the manager negatively without giving him the chance to rectify things.

If there are two worse teams than us come May then it really would be a dire reflection of the league. 

This is without a shadow of a doubt the worst Motherwell side I've watched. 

I want to stick up for Hammell, but you wonder if he watches the same games as us. He'll not be replaced as we've no money and his old job isn't there to go back to. 

On Wednesday night if Goss is in the team or Tierney on the bench I'll just stay in the house. 

Lamie sheilds and Goss need to be dropped ASAP.

If any are in the starting line up on Wednesday, I'm simply not coming. Also at this stage I'm really wondering if I should even renew my season ticket. Times are tough and I'm getting absolutely nothing out of it.

Edited by Phillips455

It’s a team of championship level players being managed by an even further down the levels coaching staff. 
Gross negligence and typical jobs for the boys got us into this mess. We’re not getting out of it. 

I've said before I was done with him after Kilmarnock and despite his impassioned display on Tuesday night he is unable to raise this team into something greater than the sum of their parts.

It's root and stem stuff how there's a general meh throughout this team, nobody driving standards and nobody finding shit like that every week unacceptable.

WTF has happened to Motherwell ?

Only one goal behind, this was a game that could easily have been salvaged, but out there on the park was a team sadly lacking in spirit, and bizarrely lacking in urgency in the final minutes. IMO they just chucked it. Worrying for their fans.

If we lose to St Johnstone midweek then I think it is seriously time to look for more experience in the dugout. 

I keep thinking indeed hoping that a win is just around the corner. But we look further away than ever from getting one. 

There are 4 teams all on 20 points but all of the other 4 teams have proven that they can win the odd game. We have yet to do that. So to me that makes us a stick on for one of the bottom two spots unless we can manage to shitfest some wins. 

Yes we won last week but picking the same starting 11 most weeks and hoping things miraculously change is looking a rather naive tactic. 

We should just start games at 1-0 down and save us the pain of a poorly defended and utterly avoidable goal each and every bloody league game.

I will go on Wednesday but expect similar to Killie and Ross County. We may well play some decent football. But that will matter little as we will chuck in one if not two soft as shite goals 🤬

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

WTF has happened to Motherwell ?

Only one goal behind, this was a game that could easily have been salvaged, but out there on the park was a team sadly lacking in spirit, and bizarrely lacking in urgency in the final minutes. IMO they just chucked it. Worrying for their fans.

We should make a late charge to get Stephen Robinson back. We know where his heart really is and belongs 😛