Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

So...do we have a sell on for Jordan White? :lol:

If St Johnstone are willing to spunk 6 figures on an utter huddy like White, there's hope yet of us unloading Josh Morris (no fee required), surely tae f**k? 

Edited by 'WellDel

1 minute ago, wellboy1991 said:

Not that we will ever here anything about it from our club…..

In fairness, the media team probably have enough to be doing at the moment without running about covering u18s games.

AFAIK we've not replaced Grant Russell and I'm guessing we've not replaced Laura Brannan either so that department is probably stretched more than it was and if we don't have someone in place heading it up then there's probably a question of who is directing the #content.

The fact that even when we had a full complement we seemed to choose not to cover those games while other clubs do seemed a bit odd as policy goes but I'd imagine there were reasons for it even if it was an assumption that covering the u18s wouldn't get the sort of #engagement they wanted.

Funnily enough, on the point of our socials #content my YouTube homepage threw up the video of Bigi and Nadz in Tenerife - the ram sacrifice one - and it made me think about the decisions we seem to have made in terms of establishing the player #brand.

Like, it's taken a week for us to hear a peep from Mandron. He seems a really nice guy.

What a time lads...

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness, the media team probably have enough to be doing at the moment without running about covering u18s games.

AFAIK we've not replaced Grant Russell and I'm guessing we've not replaced Laura Brannan either so that department is probably stretched more than it was and if we don't have someone in place heading it up then there's probably a question of who is directing the #content.

The fact that even when we had a full complement we seemed to choose not to cover those games while other clubs do seemed a bit odd as policy goes but I'd imagine there were reasons for it even if it was an assumption that covering the u18s wouldn't get the sort of #engagement they wanted.

Funnily enough, on the point of our socials #content my YouTube homepage threw up the video of Bigi and Nadz in Tenerife - the ram sacrifice one - and it made me think about the decisions we seem to have made in terms of establishing the player #brand.

Like, it's taken a week for us to hear a peep from Mandron. He seems a really nice guy.

What a time lads...

I understand that point to an extent. However this has been for a while now, even with Russell & Brannan, nowadays we hear very little about the youth sides. Never used to be like that. 

In fact we hear very little about the playing side in general. Any idea about injuries? Carroll? Efford? Mugabi? McGinley? Hardly a peep about that. Even before a game we don’t know these days who is injured, suspended and not available. 

Would like it if we went back to more focus on playing at all levels of our club. Just my opinion mind.

17 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I understand that point to an extent. However this has been for a while now, even with Russell & Brannan, nowadays we hear very little about the youth sides. Never used to be like that. 

In fact we hear very little about the playing side in general. Any idea about injuries? Carroll? Efford? Mugabi? McGinley? Hardly a peep about that. Even before a game we don’t know these days who is injured, suspended and not available. 

Would like it if we went back to more focus on playing at all levels of our club. Just my opinion mind.

I don't necessarily disagree but it seems like policy that the only levels we cover are first team and development (reserves). We'll get the score from the development games and a bit of chat from Kettlewell but those fixtures are so few and far between it's easy to forget about them.

Even going as far back, I don't think the club ever covered u18s so in that respect there's no change. The only "Youth" level stuff I can think of has been when we've been competing in the Youth Cup.

The u20s games we used to get coverage were the equivalent of the Reserves games now but there seemed to be a conscious decision to sack off the highlights of the reserves games in favour of a bite-sized 1 minute clip. 

The trade off is that we get a nice 5 min long interview with Lennon Miller which is really good #content.

Agree about the lack of communication about the squad in general. It feels noticeable.

Again, that seems to have been a policy decision - Alexander shut all that down and Hammell doesn't seem to have shown any inclination to being as open as Robinson was to the point that we had a dedicated (knee) page on the official and had cameras in the dressing room.

Edited by capt_oats

Yeah, I'd like more football stuff. Would also like #content of Sol having tea and Cakes with Mandron and rating pictures of pets.

The injury reports thing does seem to be a policy and I kind of get it. It helps keep our lineups under wraps a bit longer, and it's possible the players don't want their business plastered on the website too. As a wrestling fan, I also think it prevents opposition from targeting that limb. 

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Aye. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improving lives, but surely we "exist" to play football and - ideally - win the occasional game. Tell us just a wee bit more about that, maybe.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Aye. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improving lives, but surely we "exist" to play football and - ideally - win the occasional game. Tell us just a wee bit more about that, maybe.

Hahah oh that would be nice. 

That’s my thoughts exactly also. I’m interested in the Fitba stuff. The rest of it should be secondary to that imo. 

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

I would watch a 6 part series about the emergence of our new pakora shack - proposal - agreement - planning - sourcing - execution - fulfilment.

Purely in the best interests of my fellow 'Well fans, if any assistance is required for the sourcing/taste testing stage of the process, my services are freely available and you know where to find me.

If the authorities could see fit to drop their draconian booze laws, a half time pakora and pint of Cobra would thoroughly enhance the matchday experience.  If only, eh?

10 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Steady on mate.

With regards to Matt Penney I think we have hedged our bets on him returning and it’s going to majorly bite us in the arse. We’ve made it clear we wanted to keep him so the club for me should be asking for a clear answer from Ipswich and the player. He’s been here since august so knows the club well even to just stay until the end of the season when you are playing well makes sense. 

However I can see this dragging on until the final few days he gets a better move and we are without a decent left back for the rest of the season as we have pinned our hopes on him coming back regardless of us looking at “alternative options”.