Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

I went to the EK game against Open Goal the other week and thought he looked good, dealt with everything that came his way, won his headers as well. 

Can he ping the ball to nobody on the opposite wing? 

I get that we've tripped up against "inferior" opposition plenty times in the past, which often has us approaching games against clubs like Arbroath thinking "we better not take this for granted"....but this is the first time I can remember coming up to a fixture against a club like Arbroath, and everyone honestly thinking "hmmm...this could genuinely go either way here".

On the flipside, I keep trying to convince myself that the "thing" that's missing, is just a wee bit of a break and a bit of confidence. That whole "one win gives everyone a wee boost and we go on a run" type thing. Maybe the fact that we constantly either draw or lose by one, means that we AREN'T actually shite....we're just not quite there and need a wee lift to bring everything together.

Or maybe we are just shite. Who knows.

Edited by Al B

Tabloids have PNE looking at Cornelius, who is out of contract this summer. Can't see him wanting to stay when he barely gets a game for us. Might as well triple his wages and not get a game for someone else, make us some money, then come back to us.

38 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Tabloids have PNE looking at Cornelius, who is out of contract this summer. Can't see him wanting to stay when he barely gets a game for us. Might as well triple his wages and not get a game for someone else, make us some money, then come back to us.

I'd be quite surprised if a Championship club were to be interested in Cornelius at this point. He's done well enough, but I've not really seen anything in him that would suggest he'd cut it at that level. Fingers crossed I'm wrong as usual and the boy can keep progressing  and make both himself and us a few bob, but I have my doubts at this stage.

23 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I'd be quite surprised if a Championship club were to be interested in Cornelius at this point. He's done well enough, but I've not really seen anything in him that would suggest he'd cut it at that level. Fingers crossed I'm wrong as usual and the boy can keep progressing  and make both himself and us a few bob, but I have my doubts at this stage.

Getting him in the team regularly would be a start. Campbell was a better player at the same age - but we continued/persevered with him during some lengthy form dips and tolerated his mistakes when they inevitably happened - Cornelius hasn't really had the same opportunity, so I'm not really sure how good he is TBH.

Edited by Swello

As with all of our academy graduates (this one via Hibs), I really want to see Dean progress and cement a first team place. However, i'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed watching him sometimes as he makes himself look busy as if he's about to put himself about but puts on the breaks at the last minute. 

He's got the second highest number of appearances (9) from the bench (Tierney -11). Probably brought on to inject some energy late on in games. Needs to make more of his chances. 

As for the link to PNE, i can't see it.

Is Dean not a lot older than Robbie Leitch and Hall were when they went?

I imagine Dean has had a lot less minutes than Campbell did at the same age. The whole covid thing stopping the youth teams will have stalled his development as well. 

I’d be surprised if he ended up at Preston. 

2 hours ago, tonicg said:

As with all of our academy graduates (this one via Hibs), I really want to see Dean progress and cement a first team place. However, i'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed watching him sometimes as he makes himself look busy as if he's about to put himself about but puts on the breaks at the last minute

He's got the second highest number of appearances (9) from the bench (Tierney -11). Probably brought on to inject some energy late on in games. Needs to make more of his chances. 

As for the link to PNE, i can't see it.

It’s called following instructions.

54 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I imagine Dean has had a lot less minutes than Campbell did at the same age. The whole covid thing stopping the youth teams will have stalled his development as well. 

Cornelius is 22 in early April, by this stage Campbell would have played in over 100 more games. I think Cornelius must be around the mid 30 mark in apps.

31 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I like Deano. Deserves a run in my opinion 

100% he does. Genuinely cannot get my head around some of the comments from Well fans.

Again he has been dropped when other midfielders clearly performing to a much poorer standard. 

He’s not getting utilised to his strengths imo and offers more going forward than he is being allowed to show. 

I would be extremely disappointed if we let him go. 

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Sean Goss is utter baws. 

I am 💯 with you on this also. He clearly has technique however has the heart of a mouse and the physical attributes of an amateur footballer. 

If we are in a relegation battle would much rather have Dean battling in their ahead of Goss any day if the week. 

Just now, wellboy1991 said:

I am 💯 with you on this also. He clearly has technique however has the heart of a mouse and the physical attributes of an amateur footballer. 

If we are in a relegation battle would much rather have Dean battling in their ahead of Goss any day if the week. 

Dean also cares