Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I didn’t know we played St Johnstone in a bounce match so it’s a fairly unpleasant surprise to find out we lost it 4-1!

I’m not going to lose my shit over 2 closed door friendly defeats, however, if I’m eating my Christmas dinner on the back of picking up zero points from the 2 upcoming home games that’s a different matter……

2 hours ago, Neil86 said:

What IPTV do you use, out of interest?

It doesn't seem to have a name. I just PayPal a guy called Greg/Grog 55 odd quid a year and i get every channel and sports event under the sun. 3 years I've been with him now, service is great and he's really helpful.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Kelly really has gone into reverse gear. The 2nd goal the ball trundles under his body. Very poor. 

He was murder for that same thing when at Livi. Could be on top form and out of the blue he'll let one slip in under him. Happened a couple of times against rangers for us which was a bit suspect

Saw it was 3-0 at H/T. Pleasantly surprised to check back and find it was only 4 in the end tbh.

In other news, I picked up the new top this morning and it's lovely. Nice fit anaw.

Listening to Hammell...have we been down there all week then?

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I clearly didn't watch this but out of curiosity how did the bold Aston get on in the 2nd half?

It was a laugh to see the stats show up on the Sky Scores app earlier. It's fair to say we used the squad from the looks of things.

IMG_5822.thumb.jpg.30ee0333f51f454ff92da4fc7960ffe9.jpgIMG_5823.thumb.jpg.8e54c4575002e5a046cf2ea77848449a.jpg

Maybe we should play the subs v St Mirren. After all they only lost 1-0 v 1st team who lost 3-0 🤷‍♂️
What is the worst that could happen…

20 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Surprising …. @Busta Nut is a big fan too

Call it as I see it. He is no match for Randolph, Gillespie or Ruddy.

I like him. I want him to do well. But analysing some of of the goals we have lost this season. The defence is poor but he has been responsible for a few where he could have done a lot better. 

If we get highlights or lowlights from today. Again defence poor but 2nd goal should have been saved by even an average GK. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

If we get highlights or lowlights from today. Again defence poor but 2nd goal should have been saved by even an average GK. 

Spurs have posted the highlights. Enjoy.

There are extended highlights on their YouTube which aren't embedable: https://youtu.be/Y8VAh4VkZwU
Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

In other news, I picked up the new top this morning and it's lovely. Nice fit anaw.

Not one for buying fitba tops anymore but will be getting this one for obvious reasons. Can't be arsed going to the club shop so plan to buy online. How are the sizes as aware they can be a mile out?

11 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

Not one for buying fitba tops anymore but will be getting this one for obvious reasons. Can't be arsed going to the club shop so plan to buy online. How are the sizes as aware they can be a mile out?

Tbh, the fit is pretty much the same as most of the recent Macron shirts. Which I realise isn't much use for reference if you're not generally buying football shirts these days.

Don't get me wrong it's slightly fitted but I've consistently been a Large across brands (Adidas, Nike, Puma etc) and I'm Large with Macron as well. I've not had to size up with any of their stuff including this one (I've a feeling that's not the case for everyone though).

Although the tag is 'Matchday' Third Shirt it's not like the player issue Techfit or Formotion shirts Adidas used to do. It's also not skin tight elastane like the sort of shirt Kappa do.

Depends on what sort of fit you're looking for I suppose.

Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, welldaft said:

Call it as I see it. He is no match for Randolph, Gillespie or Ruddy.

I like him. I want him to do well. But analysing some of of the goals we have lost this season. The defence is poor but he has been responsible for a few where he could have done a lot better. 

I wasn't having a go, I'm in agreement.

I like keepers who are +6'2" and dominate their box. While Kelly is a good instinctive shot stopper the dominating bit will never be part of his game, not much he can do about that as its purely down to his gene's.

There is no denying it appears his form has dipped. I do have a degree of sympathy, a human will make errors say 3% of the time. For 10 games last season he may have faced 100 shots, this season it could easily be 150 in the same number of games with keystone cops defending ahead of you. 3 f**k ups jump to 5 and with a keeper it's much more noticeable than any other position. Probably a mixture of the two or one causing the other. (hypothetical before anyone jumps on stats website).

With McGregor surely hanging up his boots in the summer and Beale coming in I don't think the muted money move many of us hoped for will materialise. Unless the 3rd choice keeper, allowed to leave 18 months ago at the team he just papped for the Orcs gives him good pedigree.

He was one of three players that were intrinsic to keeping us away from the danger zone when Alexander joined. He came in with Watt and Cole finding new gears. I just don't see anyone interested in him for cash in the summer as would have been the plan with a 3 year deal.

Jee whizz….that 1st goal conceded. Who was it that decided it was a good idea to play the ball back across the box inside a few minutes and literally gift Spurs their opener. Awful defending 🤯.

It is worth noting however that Matt Doherty cost £15m and Spurs have an option to buy Kulusevski from Juventus for a mere £29m.

Different world. Spurs 2nd string still probably cost more than the Old Firm 1st teams. Hopefully playing that standard of footballer and the experience will be of some benefit ahead of the restart. 

21 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Jee whizz….that 1st goal conceded. Who was it that decided it was a good idea to play the ball back across the box inside a few minutes and literally gift Spurs their opener. Awful defending 🤯.

It is worth noting however that Matt Doherty cost £15m and Spurs have an option to buy Kulusevski from Juventus for a mere £29m.

Different world. Spurs 2nd string still probably cost more than the Old Firm 1st teams. Hopefully playing that standard of footballer and the experience will be of some benefit ahead of the restart. 

Bissouma as well was 30 odd million, Bryan gil would have cost a few quid from sevilla, davison sanchez from ajax too. Obviously nowhere near a full team, but it was hardly a team of kids as some alluded too. 

14 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Bissouma as well was 30 odd million, Bryan gil would have cost a few quid from sevilla, davison sanchez from ajax too. Obviously nowhere near a full team, but it was hardly a team of kids as some alluded to. 

Aye, it's worth mentioning that Spurs chucked their weans on around 74' compared with us emptying our bench just before the hour.

IMG_5824.thumb.jpg.809d2b63331554eadf642e11a24332e7.jpg