Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I can confirm that the new luminous top looks brilliant in real life - not normally a buyer of strips but I like the charity angle, so....

Good to know. Ordered online yesterday. I tend to buy only  1 strip (plus training tops) per season but the Charity angle is and was a nice touch  👏👏. Hopefully will sell a good few more as a result. Worthy causes….

I am quite interested to see how we get on tomorrow v Spurs. I am unable to watch online but is anyone on here buying the stream ? Not seen anything official from the club 🤷‍♂️. I assume a full 90 minutes ? If so and we keep it to less than 5 against it will be a moral victory 😳

Edited by welldaft

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Good to know. Ordered online yesterday. I tend to buy only  1 strip (plus training tops) per season but the Charity angle is and was a nice touch  👏👏. Hopefully will sell a good few more as a result. Worthy causes….

I am quite interested to see how we get on tomorrow v Spurs. I am unable to watch online but is anyone on here buying the stream ? Not seen anything official from the club 🤷‍♂️. I assume a full 90 minutes ? If so and we keep it to less than 5 against it will be a moral victory 😳

I suspect it will be a spurs 11, don't imagine there any many first team players not at the world cup, Djed Spence, Kulusevski, Sessengon, bissouma, Lucas Moura. Be interesting to see how strong they line up.

someone mentioned it earlier as well, might be a chance to build some sort of relationship, might have a few youngsters looking to ship out on loan.

will watch if I can.

10 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I suspect it will be a spurs 11, don't imagine there any many first team players not at the world cup, Djed Spence, Kulusevski, Sessengon, bissouma, Lucas Moura. Be interesting to see how strong they line up.

someone mentioned it earlier as well, might be a chance to build some sort of relationship, might have a few youngsters looking to ship out on loan.

will watch if I can.

Yes I read they will not be including any of the players that went too and are still at the World Cup. Which is a full team of stars and then some. 

Still a Spurs 2nd string would possibly challenge for honours in Scotland so will still be a stiff test. Especially since they have a chance to impress Conte v the pride of Lanarkshire 😂

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Didn't realise Fraser Forster was Spurs' backup goalie. We should field Higdon as a trialist for the psychological advantage.

Aye, I'm all for getting big Higdon involved. Seems like a good laugh.

The whole thing is quite funny tbh.

I've clocked a few Spurs-y Twitter accounts listing their strongest possible/probable line-up:

Tottenham Starting XI Prediction vs Motherwell

Forster; Sanchez, Lenglet, Tanganga; Emerson, Skipp, Bissouma, White, Sessegnon; Kulusevski, Bryan

Big Indie Sleaze vibes from Bryan Gil btw.

0_GettyImages-1343826439.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

Spurs aren't the biggest club in the world or anything but I still do find it a bit fucking mental that this is happening. I can't think of any obvious footballing connection between the two clubs, do slightly wonder if Burrows/the club's social media presence has somehow played a part in this.

Or it could just be Spurs sent an email to every club in the UK seeing if they wanted a game and we were first to reply. 

52 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Spurs aren't the biggest club in the world or anything but I still do find it a bit fucking mental that this is happening. I can't think of any obvious footballing connection between the two clubs, do slightly wonder if Burrows/the club's social media presence has somehow played a part in this.

Or it could just be Spurs sent an email to every club in the UK seeing if they wanted a game and we were first to reply. 

I think a version of the latter is more likely but I suppose it's worth bearing in mind that we had a chat with Anderlecht about playing them in Greece as well so we've clearly been open to looking at our options for bounce games against different opposition - which you'd hope would be the case given our squad has had a fortnight holiday and was pumped 4-1 by St Johnstone on Saturday (albeit I've no idea what our team looked like).

Clearly we fucking need the minutes.

35 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Legal Eagles: Can Blaney play as a trialist?

In a bounce game? I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure Livi had a Hibs player playing as a trialist in their game the other day.

It's only actual games he wouldn't be eligible for.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

In a bounce game? I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure Livi had a Hibs player playing as a trialist in their game the other day.

It's only actual games he wouldn't be eligible for.

That's what I assumed.

I know there is a precedent set with Tierney joining us and maybe it was addressed a year ago, but I can't understand why since the Irish league has finished and in theory Blaney is without a club (having rejected an offer from Sligo) why he can't join us as an out of contract player where window restrictions aren't place?

That is unless him signing the contract that kicks in on the 1st of Jan negates that as an option.

18 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Any word on whether we can watch the game today?

I am now able to watch. However on looking at Spursplay the only option seems to be a 12 month subscription at £45. 

So unless anyone else on here has another solution then I won’t be paying and watching 1 bounce game for £45.

I assume we have heard nothing from the club simply as there is no income for them 🤷‍♂️. They could have at least advised one way or another since they themselves tweeted we were playing Spurs etc etc 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I am now able to watch. However on looking at Spursplay the only option seems to be a 12 month subscription at £45. 

So unless anyone else on here has another solution then I won’t be paying and watching 1 bounce game for £45.

I assume we have heard nothing from the club simply as there is no income for them 🤷‍♂️. They could have at least advised one way or another since they themselves tweeted we were playing Spurs etc etc 

yeah, I seen the spurs play option. I will certainly not be paying £45.00 to watch it, maybe one of the streaming websites might have something. The club did say they would advise us, I will try the MFC tv route on IPTV in the off chance something appears as well.

can't seem to find any official spurs channels on mine though unfortunately.

Won't be in to see it (if the link works, although theyre usually spot on), but just had a wee scroll through my iptv listings. The home page usually has a list of live games with club channels on the rhs which has currently been replaced by Christmas shite, but there's a separate 'Live Events' section for sports which has Tottenham vs Motherwell listed for 1pm. Just for those with a similar setup to find/try.

Edited by 'WellDel