Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

40 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If we could come back up the road with some of their fringe players or promising youngsters in tow it could be a worthwhile exercise. I mean, if we could repeat the success we achieved by recruiting John Hendry and ZFA from them......

Mark Gower?  Was he a Spurs loanee?

Can we not sign free agents outside the window? If his contract finishes Nov 30th then he's just technically dossing about without club eh?
I think they have to be free before the window closes, which is why you get a bunch of players freed at the last minute so that they can find clubs in their own time.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Can we not sign free agents outside the window? If his contract finishes Nov 30th then he's just technically dossing about without club eh?

31 minutes ago, rowsdower said:
1 hour ago, eliphas said:

I think they have to be free before the window closes, which is why you get a bunch of players freed at the last minute so that they can find clubs in their own time.

We can't register him until Jan so, He probably needs a break then a mini preseason etc .

44 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Mark Gower?  Was he a Spurs loanee?

Yes he was.

Going further back, John Hendry was a 1st team squad player at Spurs that we signed permanently - apparently only kept out the team by the fact the Klinsmann and Sheringham were in front of him. Genuinely, one of the worst forwards we ever had.

2 hours ago, eliphas said:

I see @rowsdower and @Busta Nut have already answered but we can sign free agents if they were without a club when the window shut. Blaney was still with Sligo at that point.

As Busta says we can sign him just now but we can't register him until the window opens on January 1st.

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Is Blaney not just on the same timetable as Tierney was? ie - signed at the end of the Irish season but not "official" in Scotland until the window flaps open.

Pretty much, aye.

I was reading an article about him just there and it mentioned that Bevis is injured, then I remembered a November photo dump Mugabi posted on his IG where his knee looked to be in a brace with a pair of crutches. I know the Blaney story has been around for a while but if Mugabi's injured that basically leaves us with 2 centre backs.

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's being reported by a blue tick journo with a K/O of 1pm.

The Club have announced it officially although Alasdair Gold is effectively a mouthpiece (and not necessarily always in a bad way) for the Club.

Yes he was.
Going further back, John Hendry was a 1st team squad player at Spurs that we signed permanently - apparently only kept out the team by the fact the Klinsmann and Sheringham were in front of him. Genuinely, one of the worst forwards we ever had.
I'm sure I saw Hendry score in a 4-2 defeat at Easter Road. Not sure he did much else.

15 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
2 hours ago, Swello said:
Yes he was.

I'm sure I saw Hendry score in a 4-2 defeat at Easter Road. Not sure he did much else.

I've got a weird feeling he actually scored twice in that game - but I think I was in Robbie's Bar in Leith Walk by that point.

2 hours ago, N5 Spur said:

The Club have announced it officially although Alasdair Gold is effectively a mouthpiece (and not necessarily always in a bad way) for the Club.

Tottenham have notified us of their intention to stream the match. Should this be confirmed, details will be provided.

34 minutes ago, ropy said:

Tottenham have notified us of their intention to stream the match. Should this be confirmed, details will be provided.

It's definitely being streamed on our subscription channel, SpursPlay, so I guess the option to stream to other sources is in place.

Obviously, we want revenge for what happened in 1970.

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Excellent work on that jersey from Motherwell, both the design and the message.

As a mark of appreciation, I'll refrain from calling you lot c***s until Tam Cowan mentions the 91 Cup Final again.

So until Saturday?