Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I have enjoyed the World Cup but I’m ready for domestic fitba to return now. Hopefully Hammell has a Rolando Aarons replaced lined up for January.

I've got massive withdrawal symptoms as I've not really got into the WC and to me, the dark winter months are prime football time - next game at Fir Park can't come soon enough.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I've got massive withdrawal symptoms as I've not really got into the WC and to me, the dark winter months are prime football time - next game at Fir Park can't come soon enough.

I haven't watched a minute of the World Cup, and I haven't missed the Premiership either. I'd be quite happy if there was no more fitba' until next year to be honest.

1 minute ago, Gallus Numpty said:

I haven't watched a minute of the World Cup, and I haven't missed the Premiership either. I'd be quite happy if there was no more fitba' until next year to be honest.

I've seen a couple of games but no more and withdrawal not hitting me either tbh...after the last months I need something to be excited about to get into it again really. The Killie game being moved and screwing me doesn't help, especially when the the next two games utter shiters as well.

Oh and sorry I forgot to mention the strip.

I am all over it. For aesthetic reasons and for the "dark to light" mental health stuff.

Oor Flow's had a tough time recently (it's nae secret, he noted it himself) and it's nae secret that we've had our fair share of folk who have had their troubles. Good to see the club recognise this tragic situation in another way.

What's the deal with centre half? I know places were saying it was a done deal but with his contract up on Nov 30th you'd think we'd announce it.

Or did we already and I completely missed it?

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What's the deal with centre half? I know places were saying it was a done deal but with his contract up on Nov 30th you'd think we'd announce it.

Or did we already and I completely missed it?

You've not missed it. We've just not announced it.

The Record are saying it's due to be completed this week and I noticed that the Sligo manager confirmed that Blaney's signing for us at a fans forum.

"Motherwell expect to finalise the signing of Shane Blaney from Sligo Rovers this week.

The Steelmen have agreed a long-term contract to sign the defender in January. The 23-year-old will move to Fir Park on a freedom of contract.

Blaney is set to travel to Scotland this week for a medical, returning from Ireland’s post-season break.

The Irishman came on to Well’s radar after scoring as Sligo knocked them out of European competition."

Link

"Browning’s arrival was announced at Wednesday night’s fans’ forum, at which John Russell confirmed Shane Blaney’s departure to Motherwell.

Seamas Keogh and Lewis Banks also look likely to be moving on."

Link

49 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

I see there are rumours of Motherwell Playing Tottenham in a friendly on Friday (9th December). Seems to be taking place behind closed doors at Tottenhams training ground however.

It's being reported by a blue tick journo with a K/O of 1pm.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I see there are rumours of Motherwell Playing Tottenham in a friendly on Friday (9th December). Seems to be taking place behind closed doors at Tottenhams training ground however.

A pumping from Spurs is probably not what we need as we prepare for the second half of the league 😆

48 minutes ago, Alanos said:

A pumping from Spurs is probably not what we need as we prepare for the second half of the league 😆

If we could come back up the road with some of their fringe players or promising youngsters in tow it could be a worthwhile exercise. I mean, if we could repeat the success we achieved by recruiting John Hendry and ZFA from them......

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

You've not missed it. We've just not announced it.

The Record are saying it's due to be completed this week and I noticed that the Sligo manager confirmed that Blaney's signing for us at a fans forum.

Can we not sign free agents outside the window? If his contract finishes Nov 30th then he's just technically dossing about without club eh?