Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Seems a sensible post but there's still a bonkers response criticising the team.

This guy?

Slowest of handclaps and biggest of eye rolls to that ray of sunshine right there.

Absolutely zero surprise that Flow seems to be giving that hellsite more of a wide berth these days tbh.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

This guy?

Slowest of handclaps and biggest of eye rolls to that ray of sunshine right there.

Absolutely zero surprise that Flow seems to be giving that hellsite more of a wide berth these days tbh.

How can a 63 year old use the word ‘of’ in that sentence.  Surely only the under 30s have this affliction.  (And Michael Stewart).

31 minutes ago, ropy said:

How can a 63 year old use the word ‘of’ in that sentence.  Surely only the under 30s have this affliction.  (And Michael Stewart).

Shite grammar aside, the post perfectly illustrates the fact that there is absolutely no age restriction at all to being a complete fucking weapon amongst our support. The guy asking the original question about funding the trip's needing a serious word with himself too. Deary fucking me.

Flow should have been clear that the "logistical reasons" were that he read that guys tweet.

I ditched the Twitter and jumped over to mastodon. If you want your timeline filled with smug c**ts and posts about how to use mastodon, I recommend it.

31 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Why ?????? If we’ve got cash to throw about it should be used to get a decent centre half and midfielder in …… not on a 3 or 4 day jolly to Greece. 

I do not honestly believe we have any cash left. We have spent so much between the pitch, stadium, paying off GA and his staff etc. I can also imagine what the energy bills have been as well in the last year at the club. I think we are back to scraping by and selling players to balance the books.

Whats the obsession with some posters slagging off other Well fans folks? Its well seen that we're in a break from club football. If you don't approve of, or even despise it would seem, their views just ignore them. In my opinion, they're all entitled to their view. Surely there's Motherwell related football issues to be discussed?

Our league position?

New signings?

Stevie Hammell's record card to date?

Injuries? 

Plenty to choose from. Glad to read some more positive and constructive offerings though.

This guy?
That's the one! It's complete nonsense and totally out of context considering the subject being discussed.

14 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Shite grammar aside, the post perfectly illustrates the fact that there is absolutely no age restriction at all to being a complete fucking weapon amongst our support. The guy asking the original question about funding the trip's needing a serious word with himself too. Deary fucking me.

Sounds like the guy standing next to me at the end of the 1991 final shouting we'll never retain the cup next year with that team and manager.

5 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Why ?????? If we’ve got cash to throw about it should be used to get a decent centre half and midfielder in …… not on a 3 or 4 day jolly to Greece. 

Given the glaring deficiencies in key areas of the park, I would imagine moves are already underway to resolve these with the required finances set aside to cover them. I think Burrows and the board are astute enough to understand our current position and wouldn't even have considered the notion of the trip if it wasn't financially viable with all other required monies already in place. 

3 hours ago, Dosser2014 said:

Whats the obsession with some posters slagging off other Well fans folks? Its well seen that we're in a break from club football. If you don't approve of, or even despise it would seem, their views just ignore them. In my opinion, they're all entitled to their view. Surely there's Motherwell related football issues to be discussed?

Our league position?

New signings?

Stevie Hammell's record card to date?

Injuries? 

Plenty to choose from. Glad to read some more positive and constructive offerings though.

All very valid subjects to discuss and concerns to have, which you can normally find being debated reasonably on here. It's not always the subject matter of questions asked that seems unreasonable, rather how people go about doing it. Grown men @'ing a football club CEO on Twitter demanding to know how the club is funding trips etc, and expecting anything other than Flow's usual measured and reasoned response is cringey shite. 

Burrows is probably the most open club figurehead in our game and I've seen him engage in some very good and informative conversations. Posts like the one in question must test his very admirable patience, though. Did he expect him to say "Hands up mate, you're right. It's going to be a rough ride til the end of the season without that centre half we're crying out for, but I just thought a piss up abroad for the lads was too good an opportunity to miss instead" ?. I doubt he was ever going to offer a full itinerary and player by player costing, although if he did and showed that by sneaking wee Tierney on in a free childs place he could knock a couple of quid off, that might have helped appease the guy.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Sounds like the guy standing next to me at the end of the 1991 final shouting we'll never retain the cup next year with that team and manager.

That’s absolutely brilliant. 

5 hours ago, Dosser2014 said:

@‘WellDel called it. I’d hope nobody on here thinks twice about calling out roaster behaviour anywhere they find it. The caveat of any forums are, you make mad suggestions, wild predictions or unhinged theories then expect to get met with a grounding piss take. These forums replace pub discussions after all.

Don’t know about anyone else but seeing or being on the receiving end of a withering put down is one of the main reasons I keep on returning.

If you find something disagreeable then you may want to heed your own advice and ignore it?

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Given the glaring deficiencies in key areas of the park, I would imagine moves are already underway to resolve these with the required finances set aside to cover them. I think Burrows and the board are astute enough to understand our current position and wouldn't even have considered the notion of the trip if it wasn't financially viable with all other required monies already in place. 

Exactly this.

We became fully fan-owned in October 2016. Our first full season as a fan-owned club was 17/18.

In that time we've turned profit in 3 of the 4 full seasons - including record profits twice.

17/18 - £1.72m
18/19 - (£436k)
19/20 - £346,590
20/21 - £3.57m

With that in mind I'm entirely comfortable with the idea that Burrows and the board are capable of making decisions on whether we can/can't afford to do something.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Granted Twitter is even more of a hellscape than it is usual right now thanks to E*on but folk bending themselves out of shape about a mid season training camp or lack thereof is a pretty mad thing to be bothered about. 

100%.

A winter training camp was a fixture of our schedule while Robinson was at the club. If Hammell thinks it'd be beneficial, sees value in it and the numbers make sense then absolutely crack on. If the logistics don't work then it doesn't happen. Fine.

It's a weird thing for folk to be clutching their pearls over.

Edited by capt_oats