Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

46 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Just to chuck out another transfer rumour whilst it’s quiet , anyone else heard we’re meant to be after the big centre back from Sligo? 

The boy that melted the free kick in from 30 yards in the 2nd game. Was some chat at the game the other day, apparently he was meant to be coming over in January. 

Fair play to him. 179 minutes of cutting about with a cigar on, one minute of quality. 

Better than we've managed in a while. 

14 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I'm looking forward to the scenes in 2040 when Sean Goss is inducted into the hall of fame.

I'm with Busta though, I still think of him as a shitebag.

I think changing our set up to allow him to lie deeper means a) he has more time on the ball and b) isn't expected to get involved as much. However as b) is pretty intrinsic to the remit of being a midfielder, I'm not sold.

I think every one of our midfielders tick 3 out of 6 boxes (pace, grit, ball winning, passing, defensive, attacking) so you're looking to put a midfield together with our squad there's gonna be gaps. I don't expect every midfielder to contribute in the final third but I do expect them all to be involved in their own one.

We were dire when he was with us in 2018/19, up until we dropped him and brought Liam Craig back into the side at Kilmarnock. Went on a good run after that without Goss.

23 hours ago, Swello said:

Some might see "interceptions" - when I see three Motherwell players in there, I'm reading that as "last ditch tackles".

Aye, the fact it’s full of players at the lower end of the table (with a couple of exceptions) tells me it’s not a table to be completely proud of. 

On 14/11/2022 at 21:05, Kapowzer said:

Now that O'Hara has been made the St Mirren captain and by all intents and purposes seems to be a welcome addition in Paisley, anyone wish we'd held on to him at the expense of Spittal? They are on paper very similar players.

Maybe @RandomGuy. could do a fancy analysis as a favour.

spitty.thumb.png.b7663701580b7e16f44c16b41bd7c3b1.png

Do you prefer your attacking CM to be better on the ball or better defensively, is the question I guess?

Wouldn't work together probably and both would/will rely on a CM partner making up for their flaws.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The #bitored boys seem pretty certain about Blaney. Screenshot_20221117-182111_Twitter.thumb.jpg.325451393dc38fd46be929d6b4c76e17.jpg

Given his role in GA getting the sack he'll probably come in with as much goodwill as is possible for a new signing. 

I'll just be happy if we've got an excuse to say #bitored again - thought those days were gone.

Gonna be a slow month on here, like before the players return for pre-season but no open transfer window. FIFA have a lot to answer for including countless men being ragged Christmas shopping where they had a get out for 135 years.

Running a sweep on media teams unrelated videos. "Here's ma dug" has been done. "Here's Sol in the West End", done. Going with Josh Morris world record attempt at keepie uppies with only his left foot.

4 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Gonna be a slow month on here, like before the players return for pre-season but no open transfer window. FIFA have a lot to answer for including countless men being ragged Christmas shopping where they had a get out for 135 years.

Running a sweep on media teams unrelated videos. "Here's ma dug" has been done. "Here's Sol in the West End", done. Going with Josh Morris world record attempt at keepie uppies with only his left foot.

'Liam Kelly's Conspiracy Theories', and 'Falling Down - A Guide to Perfecting an Artform' hosted by Callum Slattery could fill a few hours.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

'Liam Kelly's Conspiracy Theories', and 'Falling Down - A Guide to Perfecting an Artform' hosted by Callum Slattery could fill a few hours.

Slattery: “I’d like a fermo please”

Upper Crust: “It’s 11:05, we don’t do fermos after 11”

Slattery: “My lawyer will have your job”

Due to work commitments I haven’t seen a lot of us in the flesh this year. Rangers and Celtic at Fir Park so far ☹️. Thanks to my rota and the corrupt world cup the next game i can make is Livi away in January. Hopefully the board can back Hammell with a couple of signings so we can pull away from the bottom 2 places. Another winger would be nice 🙏