Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

This isn’t a rumour or anything, it’s just a debate we recently had at work and since there’s no game for ages I thought I’d post it here.

Would Chris Cadden get a game for us? And if yes what position?

I'd say 100% yes.

Right back? Nae bother.
Midfield? I'd rather not but he canny be much worse.
Right wing? Aye f**k it why not?

11 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

This isn’t a rumour or anything, it’s just a debate we recently had at work and since there’s no game for ages I thought I’d post it here.

Would Chris Cadden get a game for us? And if yes what position?

Has James Scott retired?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Has James Scott retired?

He was apparently injured during the summer.

The Scotland Under-21 international picked up a leg injury in training prior to the club's trip across Europe, with Arveladze describing it as a problem similar to shin splints and that requires rest, the current timescale on his injury remains unclear.

"James Scott is injured," Arveladze told Hull Live. " Around the bone muscle (in his shin), he got an injury in pre-season and he felt it hard. It is common, actually, but he should rest."

Link

He seems to be having a nice time on holiday with his missus just now if his IG is anything to go by though.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Seeing Goss in this list was a surprise.

He is wrongly labelled as lazy. He did shirk a tackle against Carter Vickers in the cup game but by and large he has got stuck in particularly away from home. Hopefully he will develop into the Ally Gorrin that we all want him to be I.e an excellent passer who would also kick his granny .

45 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Goss is baws.

On 12/11/2022 at 16:07, Busta Nut said:

Liam Kelly is shite.

On 02/11/2022 at 21:00, Busta Nut said:

James Corden is an unfunny cúnt anyway.

f**k me, Busta, thought I'd accidentally logged onto SOL there for a minute. Can't argue with that last one, though.

I'm looking forward to the scenes in 2040 when Sean Goss is inducted into the hall of fame.

I'm with Busta though, I still think of him as a shitebag.

I think changing our set up to allow him to lie deeper means a) he has more time on the ball and b) isn't expected to get involved as much. However as b) is pretty intrinsic to the remit of being a midfielder, I'm not sold.

I think every one of our midfielders tick 3 out of 6 boxes (pace, grit, ball winning, passing, defensive, attacking) so you're looking to put a midfield together with our squad there's gonna be gaps. I don't expect every midfielder to contribute in the final third but I do expect them all to be involved in their own one.

Edited by Kapowzer

Just to chuck out another transfer rumour whilst it’s quiet , anyone else heard we’re meant to be after the big centre back from Sligo? 

The boy that melted the free kick in from 30 yards in the 2nd game. Was some chat at the game the other day, apparently he was meant to be coming over in January.