Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

From what I gather he is out of contract at Leeds, so no fees would apply. Who knows how the world of football contracts work's though.

Surely we get a development fee regardless (although that probably won't be much at all)

5 hours ago, Swello said:

I found that a weirdly antagonistic question - but there is no basis in reality. Dogs in the street knew that Moult has been crocked for a while and it was clearly a gamble to bring him back. The idea that Hammell didn't know about that when we signed him is genuinely bizarre and wasn't worth the diplomatic answer that Moult gave. It's feasible/likely that Hammy is frustrated that we've not been able to play him more than we have but that isn't the way the question was put.

That annoyed me too, it was off the back of Hammell being frustrated that the injury meant we hadn’t seen as much of Moult as he had hoped, this was totally misrepresented in the question. 

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Just watched the Moult presser too. If I find out what journo was talking to Louis like that he's getting chinned.

Bet he wouldn't try that pish at Ibrox or Parkhead, he'd get a 10 year ban and have to make a grovelling apology a la Mikey Stewart.

30 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

We are in bother. Big bother. 

Aye, I'm changing my 'keep calm' approach to 'fucking panic' if we lose on Saturday.

It's not so much the fact we lose, it's how we do it that screams relegation - KVV has now missed literally open goals in consecutive home games and Slattery at the 0-1 tonight is one of the most comical pieces of incompetence you'll ever see.

We're just one mistake after another. I look forward to Hammell pointing out said mistakes after the match before we no doubt go out and commit similar on Saturday.

We aren't a million miles away from being a decent team but we're so fucking frustrating.

10 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Aye, I'm changing my 'keep calm' approach to 'fucking panic' if we lose on Saturday.

It's not so much the fact we lose, it's how we do it that screams relegation - KVV has now missed literally open goals in consecutive home games and Slattery at the 0-1 tonight is one of the most comical pieces of incompetence you'll ever see.

Be prepared to panic then as we’re losing on Saturday. 

I genuinely believe we are a shoe in for finishing in the bottom 2.

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

We're just one mistake after another. I look forward to Hammell pointing out said mistakes after the match before we no doubt go out and commit similar on Saturday.

We aren't a million miles away from being a decent team but we're so fucking frustrating.

And that’s the problem.  We’re not utterly dross and play some neat stuff at times so the narrative is ‘ach you’ll be fine’ and then you see other teams picking up results and then you’re suckered in. 

Bother. Big bother. 

Would love to know if the stat exists for shots on target v goals conceded. @capt_oats may be able to help confirm my fears that we are by far the worst in the league. 

Celtic possibly deserved to win, but again we have conceded 2 goals from 3 shots on target. We seem so easy to score against even if our GD is respectable by historic measures.  That or we are playing without a goalkeeper. 

Every other team is picking up points but we have been on a wretched run. Saturday is massive. We need a positive result. 

Edited by welldaft

Not that I think it cost us (because I don't think we'd have scored had they not got their second) but can someone explain why that second goal stood when the guy blocked the throw? He didn't look 2m away and even if he was I reckon he was off the pitch...you surely can't get away with that?

Would love to know if the stat exists for shots on target v goals conceded. [mention=26104]capt_oats[/mention] may be able to help confirm my fears that we are by far the worst in the league. 
Celtic possibly deserved to win, but again we have conceded 2 goals from 3 shots on target. We seem so easy to score against even if our GD is respectable by historic measures.  That or we are playing without a goalkeeper. 
Every other team is picking up points but we have been on a wretched run. Saturday is massive. We need a positive result. 

I was playing fives so haven’t seen any of it. I was going to ask if we looked any more solid with Bevis and SOD but I think your post answers my question.

I'm so glad that run of 10 games is over. Was not looking forward to it all and it panned out that way. Chuck in the injuries and it was shite. 

World cup break coming at a good time for injured players and the next 10 is a much more palatable lot. 

St M twice, St J twice, Hibs at home, Hearts at home,  Ross C at home, no Celtic for a start.

Edited by eliphas