Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Including tomorrow we have 7 games before January (and also 4 league games during the window).

Even if we're generously optimistic re: Moult you've Hammell conceding that "He was brought in for us on the understanding that obviously he can’t play 90 minutes for us every week, and play 50 games a season."

Unless Hammell's genuinely going to lean on #YoungMotherwell, which he hasn't done in any meaningful way so far beyond bench filling, it kind of feels like we probably need to look at getting something done outside the window.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

If you read the local press report from Hammell's presser I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about Moult. "Not as injured as the other guy" still isn't entirely reassuring tbh.

Yeah, I reckon we will be lucky to see Moult start a single game.

I was against us signing him at the time - I thought it may end up like this. I was a bit swept up by the hype the day he signed like most of us were right enough.

Would we have signed another striker from a League One team in England on the premise we might get 30 mins out of him now and again? I'm not sure we would have.

I know he's been off the boil in the last couple of games but we're an injury or suspension for KVV away from being absolutely knackered. Moult is broken so I think we have to be considering the free agent market.

Visa/Brexit stuff probably means we're limited to UK Nationals if we want to get something done quickly, but surely there's some English jobber who's been pissing about in the Thai or Malaysian Leagues until recently that can come in and fill a shirt until January, a la JET when he went to Livi. We could even get big Vic back from last season, he could play up front could he not?

Looking at the lists of free agents on Transferarkt... Jermaine Hylton, the next returning #hero?

I honestly think I'd take him if it came to it. I was quite surprised when he left and he knows the league but, mainly, he would be another body to add to our ever depleting squad.

Mind the days when you could just bring in a Willie falconer or Mickey Weir randomly in the middle of a season? I miss the days of finding out we've signed someone during the pre game warm up.

I was for us signing moult in that I thought there was a chance his injury stuff could be behind him. However, us singing him knowing he would barely start is a huge mistake.

Time for us to do a motherwell and unleash a million pound striker from the youth team on the league.

As is often said on this thread, is it time for a back 3?

Bring O'Donnell in to a role he's probably more suited to, shift McGinn in one.

If playing Shields is as necessary as it's becoming, pair him with Van Veen, then have one of McKinstry / Tierney / Spittal behind the front two.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

As is often said on this thread, is it time for a back 3?

Bring O'Donnell in to a role he's probably more suited to, shift McGinn in one.

If playing Shields is as necessary as it's becoming, pair him with Van Veen, then have one of McKinstry / Tierney / Spittal behind the front two.

It’s worth a shot 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We've had our fun with keeping the ball on the deck etc, get Kelly shelling the ball to KVV pronto and maybe Shields might win every tenth knockdown.

They'll need to start issuing helmets at the Cooper turnstiles. 

Edited by thisGRAEME
Spelling like a wee fuckin idiot.

10 hours ago, dezz said:

I know he's been off the boil in the last couple of games but we're an injury or suspension for KVV away from being absolutely knackered. Moult is broken so I think we have to be considering the free agent market.

Visa/Brexit stuff probably means we're limited to UK Nationals if we want to get something done quickly, but surely there's some English jobber who's been pissing about in the Thai or Malaysian Leagues until recently that can come in and fill a shirt until January, a la JET when he went to Livi. We could even get big Vic back from last season, he could play up front could he not?

We've already done it signing Esma but he was about 5 stone overweight :D The signings that come from there are always so unfit and take 6 months to get fit, like JET did with us. He was shocking for the first 6 months with us

Massive 3pts today to stop the rot. Been a rough run of fixtures with a depleted squad so the table looks a good bit better tonight.

Of the games left before the break, I'll write off the one vs Celtic, but if we could muster even a couple of points between the ones against Hearts and St Johnstone I'd be pretty content to then regroup and hopefully add a couple of fresh faces for the restart.