Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If KVV was half the player he thinks he is he'd be twice the player he actually is...or something like that.

He's frustrating as anything but clearly he's not going to change and you weigh up if someone better is available...that's not impossible but would certainly be a big punt on this season's form.

41 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The better we look under Hammell, the more I resent Alexander.

Mad to think that 8 of last night’s starting 11 were available to Alexander last season, and we played the style we did. 10 of the 11 were available for Sligo! 

36 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The better we look under Hammell, the more I resent Alexander.

Said it before but the bizarre thing was that GA had a squad with a bunch of decent footballers in it but was obviously playing them "his way" with no regard to what they were actually good at - and that's a genuinely terrible trait in a manager at our level. If Hammell came in and over the course of months got the team playing a different type of football that would be one thing but the fact that it has been like flicking a switch is pretty damning. If GA had signed a bunch of hammer throwers I could maybe understand it but the fact he didn't and played that way anyway is weird.

It remains to be seen who is the most effective purely in terms of points and league positions but in terms of using what you've got, there is only one winner.

5 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

So do we have to apologize to GA for second guessing his keeping Slattery out the team at the turn of the year? Seems like that lines up with when this happened.

That's entirely fair and would be the classy way to proceed but because of the above, he can obviously get fucked.

I don’t really have much to say about the Slattery situation that hasn’t been said already. He’s been a daft laddie and has admitted so. I know I certainly wouldn’t have coped well with that situation at his age.

Hopefully he can keep his head down and kick on now.

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

So do we have to apologize to GA for second guessing his keeping Slattery out the team at the turn of the year? Seems like that lines up with when this happened.

GA can go f**k himself. As folk have said. He had a team of decent footballers and decided "nah f**k that".

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

That story is fucking hilarious - he deffo wins "footballer on the lash bingo"

Do you know who I am? I earn more than you. Calling the poliswummin a dyke. Calling them all kunts. Running away and tripping over the kerb.

Absolutely brilliant, made me laugh out loud, the boy may be a bam, but hes a funny as f**k bam !!

He went a bit off the rails as he was told his mam was dying.
I'll let him off.

Edited by Busta Nut

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Was it not January/Feb he was dropped after playing November/December?

15 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It was, aye.

If the 'incident' occurred on the 7th November he had been benched on the 6th against Aberdeen but started the next game on the 20th against Hearts. He dropped out the starting XI Feb/March.

That's not to say his being 'rested' wasn't to do with his personal situation rather than any sort of fall out like - and it's none of my business either way.

620708729_ScreenShot2022-10-05at19_11_54.thumb.png.ee56165f913a05ba915bb236cae1e352.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Do you know who I am? I earn more than you. Calling the poliswummin a dyke. Calling them all kunts. Running away and tripping over the kerb.

Absolutely brilliant, made me laugh out loud, the boy may be a bam, but hes a funny as f**k bam !!

My takeaway is that Motherwell pay more than a police constable earns, not bad. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

We've all been there and done that at some point in our lives.

1 minute ago, eliphas said:

The kerb bit is the funny bit. Knowing polis myself they'll have been pishing themselves at that point. 

Must’ve been the only time last season that he hit the deck and never earned a free-kick for it. 

It may have taken until then before the club knew they were going to be repercussions.

I'd been told he'd got into bother on a night out (without the juicy details) but didn't know how much truth was in it. Not a fan of the homophobic or 'Do you know who I am?' stuff but he's apologised and paid his dues so we move on. It's hardly Declan Gallagher levels.

Edit - ignore that first bit, looks like he appeared in court the day after. In which case why has it only been reported now?

25 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It may have taken until then before the club knew they were going to be repercussions.

I'd been told he'd got into bother on a night out (without the juicy details) but didn't know how much truth was in it. Not a fan of the homophobic or 'Do you know who I am?' stuff but he's apologised and paid his dues so we move on. It's hardly Declan Gallagher levels.

Edit - ignore that first bit, looks like he appeared in court the day after. In which case why has it only been reported now?

You've misread.

"Slattery appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court hours after netting against Ross County in a 0-5 win for the Steelmen.

The former Southampton man pleaded guilty to two charges of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner."

Link

He was in Court 13 today (the court roll is here), which is why it'd have been reported now.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Really? Why do you hope that?

Well its a pretty sweeping, very generalised, and disappointing opinion of rank and file police officers, as opposed to the corporate body of Police Scotland, if I understand you correctly.  If I'm misinterpreting your comment then I apologise. Police officers are no worse or better individually than any other occuption.

However, I digress. More to the point, as others have pointed out, Callum Slattery, needs to be afforded a second chance, take it, learn from it and move on.   

I know a few cops and they ALL have zero sense of humour, quick tempers and get off on their power trips. I also know they will throw in a homophobic/racist slur to seal the deal in a wrap sheet.

I'm law abiding and have had little to do with them, any time I have interacted other than asking directions, I've found them aloof arseholes. I appreciate scrotes who are serial delinquents know exactly how far to push them on a daily basis and that must be gualing. But I also recognise why many do the job, they get instant respect their position earns them that they'd struggle to muster in life without threatening someone's liberty.

They're also all incestious shaggin each other.

1 hour ago, Dosser2014 said:

Well its a pretty sweeping, very generalised, and disappointing opinion of rank and file police officers, as opposed to the corporate body of Police Scotland, if I understand you correctly.  If I'm misinterpreting your comment then I apologise. Police officers are no worse or better individually than any other occuption.

However, I digress. More to the point, as others have pointed out, Callum Slattery, needs to be afforded a second chance, take it, learn from it and move on.   

We'll agree to disagree. I know a few coppers and they are all nice men/women. I've never had dealings with them at their work.

Heard a few stories though.

I also have witnessed coppers on the job acting like helmets. Power daft wee guys who love giving team hand beatings to folk. Often under the guise of "restraining" them. Shouting things like "stop resisting" to justify their brutality.

Bullied at school and feel they have a point to prove.

I know a few folk who have thought it'd be a good career move and left due to everyone at work being a p***k.

But hey, this is a fitba forum. I think there is a police topic on the general nonsense somewhere.

FWIW I think they club dealt with this earlier in the year and will maybe just have a bit of press about it  to deal with now.

Edited by Busta Nut

Bit of low level, daft laddieness that you see in the city centre multiple times every weekend which only made the papers because of who he is.

Not in any way condoning it, but with the extenuating circumstances a bit of slack can surely be granted. Pretty sure he's embarrassed by it, learned from it and getting his head down and back to simply being an absolute baller.

Edited by 'WellDel