Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The Terrace is class and all the contributors are pretty balanced imo.

If you don’t like to hear your team get a bit of a light hearted slagging, and let’s face it, it’s not like it’s undeserved for us during 8 of the last 9 months, then maybe it isn’t for you.  
Agree that Amy’s accent is wild for a Celtic fan, and she does shoehorn Celtic references in a little too much for my liking, but as far as that lot go she’s better than most.

3 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I like the terrace podcast and TV show. Maybe my standards are low because you don't get much Scottish football banter out in rural Tennessee, but they're usually pretty balanced with a slight Edinburgh bias, and most teams get credit, or the opposite, where it's due. I'm a fan of the lower leagues podcast as well.

Tbh, it's about expectations - if you're listening expecting some sort of dry 'football is a very serious business' chat about Scottish fitba' then you'll be disappointed as it's not and has never been their mandate.  IMO, that says more about the listener than the pod itself.

Hand-wringing and navel-gazing is probably best left to club specific pods.

Look at any successful, long running pod be it The Football Ramble, Football Weekly etc or even the sports and culture stuff on The Ringer then generally there's a bit of levity.

Agree 100% about the Lower League pods with Shaughan and Telfer. An absolute treat (and I say that as someone with next to no interest in lower league football). 

Edited by capt_oats

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Agree 100% about the Lower League pods with Shaughan and Telfer. An absolute treat (and I say that as someone with next to no interest in lower league football). 

I get 98% of my knowledge of lower league fitba from those (the other 2% is when I can remember to watch Championship games on TV on a Friday) - and I really enjoy that. A lot of the club-specific pods on the patreon have been interesting from an outsiders point of view. TV Show is cracking an aw.

Absolutely bizarre story

The judge recorded not-guilty verdicts against both men.

“I’ve no idea how I’ve been dragged into this, that’s the God’s honest truth,” Rogers told The Athletic after the hearing. “I’ve got to be careful what I say because I’m going to be throwing the book at him (the manager). I’ve never met this fella, never spoken to him, never been in his company, never been in contact, and somehow I’ve been dragged into his gambling addiction.

“I’m going to sue him now. This has cost me £85,000 to £100,000 in legal fees for something I’ve had absolutely zero knowledge of. I knew it was going to be thrown out of court.

Alan Rogers not holding back. And no idea why the manager making the allegations has been granted anonymity.

The guy tried to bribe a cop, hid details of his betting, withdrew his cooperation and placed bets on football.

I'm firmly in the Terrace is class camp.  Genuinely one of the few things on TV now that I try and make a point of sitting down to watch live with a few beers , sets me right up for the weekend . The wee videos they run about mundane things like a guy taking his wee boy to random games or a subbuteo league are so well produced, could be so easy for those bits to come off as a total parody but I think they capture the essence of the game perfectly . 

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I'm firmly in the Terrace is class camp.  Genuinely one of the few things on TV now that I try and make a point of sitting down to watch live with a few beers , sets me right up for the weekend . The wee videos they run about mundane things like a guy taking his wee boy to random games or a subbuteo league are so well produced, could be so easy for those bits to come off as a total parody but I think they capture the essence of the game perfectly . 

The TV show is overwhelmingly positive and doesn't have a hint of cringe about Scottish Fitba (or "football up here" as it's traditionally known by hacks who can't be arsed with non-OF stuff) - and that's actually really rare when we've been used to constant unfavourable comparisons to England and "laughing stock of world football" style pish that the written press have peddled for as long as most can remember. 

Bazooka Joe when asked in the pre-match presser what he likes most about Stevie Hammell’s management;

‘you know…we actually have a plan.’ 😂

I was going to say there’s a thinly veiled dig at GA, but there’s nothing thin about it haha. 

21 minutes ago, dezz said:

Bazooka Joe when asked in the pre-match presser what he likes most about Stevie Hammell’s management;

I was going to say there’s a thinly veiled dig at GA, but there’s nothing thin about it haha. 

Loved that wee slip - it's obviously what the players have been saying to each other :)

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Came on to say the same thing, he also quickly follows it up by saying he actually has options now. Damning.

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Just as well no one's forcing you to listen to it eh?

I find it helps to actually listen to a podcast before you can decide whether it is worth persevering with. I could take a wild guess I suppose 🤷‍♂️.

I listened to two and could not stand constant laughing at their own inane jokes. Their analysis of the Motherwell matches most notably the Livi one was essentially two shite teams and Motherwell were lucky to win. Not saying it is far off the mark tbh but just felt (like Busta) it was a tad negative against us. Hey ho…I am sure they will survive this negative critique…..

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

I find it helps to actually listen to a podcast before you can decide whether it is worth persevering with. I could take a wild guess I suppose 🤷‍♂️.

I listened to two and could not stand constant laughing at their own inane jokes. Their analysis of the Motherwell matches most notably the Livi one was essentially two shite teams and Motherwell were lucky to win. Not saying it is far off the mark tbh but just felt (like Busta) it was a tad negative against us. Hey ho…I am sure they will survive this negative critique…..

Maybe  a tad harsh but I pretty much agree. I've tuned in to about 2 as well in the past few days and its not for me. It is what it is though and as the Captain says no ones forcing me to listen, so I won't.