Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On 02/09/2022 at 19:26, ropy said:

Just checked to see if the club were proactive with the squad photos and numbers on the official site and noticed that Toby is still not deemed sufficiently photogenic for this season although the new boys are in there.

A91EE042-42BA-4AA4-A2D4-70C48B94D6A7.png

The picture is up, happy birthday to the lad 

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I liked the Pigeon Detectives first album. Saw them a few times then too. They were decent. After that I dunno though. I thought they faded away.

Aye, like I literally couldn't name a Pigeon Detectives song without Googling it (or Courteeners for that matter) but no shade here.

It was really just a case of that Tweet not really suggesting a guy who's currently vibing to White Light/White Heat.

For avoidance of doubt, extreme Heartsy-ness aside, I like Joel on both TV and Pod.

Edited by capt_oats

Aye I was just commenting on Pigeon Det cos I mind thinking they were not bad. Courteeners I don't really get. Maybe cos I am old.

I'd like to add anaw I don't like/dislike the fellow. I just don't agree with his assertions at times

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I liked the Pigeon Detectives first album. Saw them a few times then too. They were decent. After that I dunno though. I thought they faded away.

When they appeared the end of the indie revival of the 00's was nigh..... still waiting on rock or alternate coming back into fashion.

On 14/09/2022 at 17:39, Busta Nut said:

Sked does nothing but shite on Motherwell every chance he gets.

Listened to the Terrace podcast the last month.  When they are not constantly laughing at their shite jokes..…and they are shite.

There is grudging praise for Motherwell any time we win but when we lose we are Shotts Bon Accord. They have a lassie on there that has seen a couple of our games. To be fair she is quite balanced.

But genuinely would rather have my testicles wired up than listen to anymore of their pish. 

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

They have a lassie on there that has seen a couple of our games. To be fair she is quite balanced.

She is not bad but desperate to mention Celtic anytime she gets a chance to speak.

13 hours ago, welldaft said:

Listened to the Terrace podcast the last month.  When they are not constantly laughing at their shite jokes..…and they are shite.

There is grudging praise for Motherwell any time we win but when we lose we are Shotts Bon Accord. They have a lassie on there that has seen a couple of our games. To be fair she is quite balanced.

But genuinely would rather have my testicles wired up than listen to anymore of their pish. 

Just as well no one's forcing you to listen to it eh?

I like the terrace podcast and TV show. Maybe my standards are low because you don't get much Scottish football banter out in rural Tennessee, but they're usually pretty balanced with a slight Edinburgh bias, and most teams get credit, or the opposite, where it's due. I'm a fan of the lower leagues podcast as well.

I do prefer when there's no OF fans on though, since we get plenty of that from every other outlet, but they're alienating the majority of the Scottish football fan base if they don't.