Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 hours ago, Blink182 said:

The £5 Million loan deal option is closer than ever.

I'd like to see us keep hold of young Miller for a wee while longer, but if he isn't lured by the bright lights of the Premier League then fair dos providing we get a decent fee for him. The heads of many young Scots footballers are turned by the golden pavements of cities like Newcastle.

I'm fairly certain Miller has already turned down some big moves in order to sign the professional contract with us. Saying that I suspect the Money on offer now that he is 16 will be quite a bit more appealing. 

Hopefully the first team football gateway is enough to convince him to hang around. 

Motherwell and wonderkid aren't words that come around very often.

28 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I'm fairly certain Miller has already turned down some big moves in order to sign the professional contract with us. Saying that I suspect the Money on offer now that he is 16 will be quite a bit more appealing. 

Hopefully the first team football gateway is enough to convince him to hang around. 

Motherwell and wonderkid aren't words that come around very often.

The spiel on his profile on the official site says as much tbf. He's also contracted until 2025.

823342651_ScreenShot2022-09-12at09_58_20.thumb.png.f7dd6dfd2e9aecdfe238315051e0e5ac.png

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, madton said:

What can we expect from Grimshaw? Is he predominantly a right back? We have 2 already and i think he can play in midfield so I'm guessing we will use him there.

Runs in straight lines really well. Has a tremendous accent. Seems like a decent lad. 

16 minutes ago, madton said:

What can we expect from Grimshaw? Is he predominantly a right back? We have 2 already and i think he can play in midfield so I'm guessing we will use him there.

@well fan for life has pretty much covered it but you'll get energy and graft from him. It sounds like I'm damning him with faint praise here but he genuinely seems like a really good pro.

He originally signed as a midfielder and he got a run on the right side of a narrow midfield 3 when McGhee took over from Baraclough. Robinson liked him at right back and he made the position his own in the season when we finished 3rd* but he went off a cliff there at the start of the following Covid season.

Alexander gave him a run in midfield but he pretty much disappeared from the starting line up after the 3-0 loss at Dens (tbf he wasn't the only one to be bombed out the side by GA).

Edited by capt_oats

17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Runs in straight lines really well. Has a tremendous accent. Seems like a decent lad. 

Accurate appraisal. Straight lines are very much his strong point, so if your groundsman is ever taken ill he could also stand in to paint some immaculate lines on the pitch if required. May need some help drawing the centre circle though.

Seems a top lad and glad he's got himself a gig. More than capable of doing a turn at Championship level at RM or RB and hope he can prove himself enough to earn a longer deal. Good luck to him.

58 minutes ago, madton said:

As said already he seems a good guy and top pro. He'll be brilliant for you other than when he has to kick the ball.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

@well fan for life has pretty much covered it but you'll get energy and graft from him. It sounds like I'm damning him with faint praise here but he genuinely seems like a really good pro.

He originally signed as a midfielder and he got a run on the right side of a narrow midfield 3 when McGhee took over from Baraclough. Robinson liked him at right back and he made the position his own in the season when we finished 3rd* but he went off a cliff there at the start of the following Covid season.

Probably his best run of prolonged form for us over both spells IMO. Obviously was curtailed because Man United recalled him and we gave Cadden a chance in his position instead. A dreadful moment in recent Motherwell history.

See on reflection, as much as it was shite the County game was off Hammell was well and truly chucked in at the deep end so it’s probably been to our advantage that he’s been given an unexpected extra few days on the training pitch. Also, its extra time for Moult to settle in and develop the most lethal strike partnership in the league.