Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Fucking tinpot channel - total contempt for folk that go to games. (Other than the fact that we signed up for this shite) I don't blame the club....

<selfish content alert> There is literally zero chance of me making that kick off time - earliest I would get there would be about half time. I know I'm not typical as I don't live locally but that is possibly the shitest kick off time I can remember since the distant past with Dortmund at home and the Hibs game when they were knocking bits of Easter Rd down (and those games had the excuses of £750k tv money and no floodlights respectively).

Given the way Celtic are playing - an 80 mile round trip to see 45 minutes of a game that could well be dead by the time I got there is a total non-starter.

1 hour ago, CoF said:

“Both Motherwell FC and Celtic FC raised concerns around the kick-off time based on the difficulties it will present to supporters wishing to attend the match,” CEO Alan Burrows said.

“Both clubs asked the broadcaster to consider having the two live matches, scheduled for that day, run simultaneously on different channels. However, we have been informed that this is not possible due to other contractual commitments and no other arrangement are possible.

“Whilst we an extremely keen to work with our broadcast partners and commercial sponsors to ensure they get maximum value for their investment in Scottish football, it’s a far from ideal scenario for fans of both clubs.

“We have been reassured that the circumstances surrounding this particular scheduling are extremely rare and unlikely to happen again.”

No other arrangements are possible, could they not have shown the Kilmarnock match that happens to be on the Tuesday?

This has was predicted at the weekend and caused by Sky moving our game with Rangers to the Sunday.

Edited by ropy

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I doubt they are allowed to re-sell any package tbh.

Maybe not. 

But if they are the highest bidder and secured exclusivety they probably dont have any interest in doing so.

Probably a bigger condemnation on the ruling bodies who failed to negotiate with them any possibility of a highlights package available to a wider audience.

Unless you actually go to the games (which this ko time hampers) then you are not going to see any League Cup football under this broadcaster.

Thats not good for the profile of the competition.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Maybe not. 

But if they are the highest bidder and secured exclusivety they probably dont have any interest in doing so.

Probably a bigger condemnation on the ruling bodies who failed to negotiate with them any possibility of a highlights package available to a wider audience.

Unless you actually go to the games (which this ko time hampers) then you are not going to see any League Cup football under this broadcaster.

Thats not good for the profile of the competition.

Yeah I do agree it’s shit, Especially when you go the games and just want to see some highlights after 

37 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Apologies if this has been posted today already but I’m very proud. Silky Hammellball with a mix of thunderdome is exactly what the doctor ordered.

801656d99a0530ebc2ce2da26f52e7c4.jpg

Most fouls committed but fourth fewest bookings. Fucking wizardy (s/o Self Esteem)

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The guy that Burrows kept up waiting on Moult will be happy with 6:15 at least, be tucked up by 9pm.

Not gonna deny, I thought there was a good chance Reporting Scotland would have had something like this opening the show

image.png.8c5a0dae0fac346bf2618790c9eb5ed7.png

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I do agree it’s shit, Especially when you go the games and just want to see some highlights after 

I can just about understand them not being able to sell on the rights to a highlights package to council telly but even still. You're not telling me it's impossible for them to get a couple of cameras set up at each ground to chuck the highlights up on YouTube afterwards?

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Anyone know if this is open to folk turning up?

The club have just posted the details. £3 in.

Motherwell kick off their SPFL Reserve League campaign against Queen’s Park on Tuesday 6 September. 

The match will take place at Fir Park. Kick-off is 2pm.

Fans will be able to attend the match, with tickets costing £3 for adults while it will be £1 for kids.

Supporters will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell stand, kiosks will not be in operation.

It will be pay-at-the-gate only for the match.

Link

I think the reserve league is a fucking mess and seemed to brought back on some weird (totally misplaced) nostalgia about the old reserve league - but I think it becomes more important for us now that we have a manager that is going to play young players for longer term strategic reasons (one club stuff) not just as occasional token bench warmers.

If we use it as a defacto U-19's team - it could actually be of some benefit...

Likely that the new hybrid pitch allows more games to be played on it. That'll save costs incurred by having to rent pitches elsewhere. So short term pain long term gain. It'll give the colts (I love that term) experience of playing on the hallowed turf and synthetics too. Decent entry prices too.