Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just checked to see if the club were proactive with the squad photos and numbers on the official site and noticed that Toby is still not deemed sufficiently photogenic for this season although the new boys are in there.

A91EE042-42BA-4AA4-A2D4-70C48B94D6A7.png

52 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I think we need a Capt Oats special team-sheet with KVV and LM up front together, and all our other new signings, because damn-it, I've got all excited about how good we might be if this cunning plan really does come together

:lol:

Here you go. I'd be surprised if we went with KVV and Moult up front together initially at least as we've been starting to find our feet in the shape we've been using.

A few caveats, the builder only allows 2 per position so given Morris was on the bench against Killie and out the squad entirely against The Caley I've left him out of the graphic, it's probably a toss up between Shields and Efford but since Hammell has been talking Crypto Joe up I've kept him in.

Also, with the story in The Record today that Morton and Falkirk are looking at Max Johnston I've left him out - I'd imagine there's a chance Matty Connelly and Robbie Mahon might be in a similar boat.

With the ? in midfield take your pick from Kian Spiers or Lennon Miller I guess. SOD can cover LB and in an emergency you'd think Bevis can cover RB.

lineup.png.c4fc0a6bba837113c6009e58f0e9de16.png

Plus: Connelly, Johnston, Shields, Morris, Mahon
Injured: Carroll, McGinley

20 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Just blown next seasons budget on overtime for the physio 

Hope he stays fit - it'll be a treat for Saints fans to see him in the flesh as you were you were in one of your regular lower league jaunts last time around.

2 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

£1.9bn...yes bn spent during the transfer window in just the English premiership...fckn hell. Just me or is that just obscene.

No it's a fucking circus down there. different sport

2 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite so wholesome on here in a long time.

"I'm home"  

Indeed, if that doesn't put a smile on your face and a happy tear in the eye (it's just a bit of dust actually), then you've got a harder heart than most ;)

58 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Here you go. I'd be surprised if we went with KVV and Moult up front together initially at least as we've been starting to find our feet in the shape we've been using.

That's all very reasonable and sensible and such like, but I want the full "waltz in to fantasy wonderland" with the bold messrs Aarons and McKinstry bombing up both wings with their youthful exuberance,  and then two mighty strikers up front, smashing in a hat-trick each.

Let a man dream!

5 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

"I'm home"  

Indeed, if that doesn't put a smile on your face and a happy tear in the eye (it's just a bit of dust actually), then you've got a harder heart than most ;)

Aye, I wouldn't have gone for it personally but once it's done, just embrace it. Any Motherwell fan not firing up Spandau Ballet on the old YouTube tonight just has no sense of soul or romance. Even if you think It probably won't work out for an evening don't be negative and just dream about how it'll feel if it does...

And if the 8pm tweet tonight isn't a magical compilation of all 50 of his goals to the above soundtrack I expect the media team to be clearing their desks by the morning.

Edited by Handsome_Devil
typo (twice!!)

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Just checked to see if the club were proactive with the squad photos and numbers on the official site and noticed that Toby is still not deemed sufficiently photogenic for this season although the new boys are in there.

A91EE042-42BA-4AA4-A2D4-70C48B94D6A7.png

He’s still kicking about as I’m pretty sure he was in the dressing room vid from the other night.