Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

See apart form anything else - for me, Penney is the most critical signing of the entire window (and the early signs are good there) and McKinstry is potentially the most exciting - I can't bring myself to hyperventilate about a backup striker no matter how brilliant a player he was for us in the past.

26 minutes ago, dezz said:

I saw someone on Twitter saying that Hibs had to apply to FIFA/UEFA (can't remember which) for special dispensation to register their new striker because the paperwork was technically lodged after the deadline. They've now announced the guy.

No idea if that's the case here, but maybe it's something similar? Or maybe we're double checking how strong the tape is that's holding his knees together before we sign it off. 

... it feels a bit beyond "technically lodged after the deadline" and more like "can't agree terms" so I immediately don't feel super-confident we'll get it past the bureaucrats.  But maybe it's solvable.  Anyway I've managed to reset my internal Expectation-O-Meter" to "Nope" at this point, without feeling tooooooo traumatised.

To be honest I think, even with the managerial situation, the club do deserve a bit of criticism for us being in a situation where we still don't know if we've signed a striker, 16 hours after the window has closed, despite needing one since we let Watt go in January. I'd focus on that instead of blaming them for my sleeping pattern.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'm going to see Mastodon tonight, I'm tweeting them now to tell them what songs I want (creep and freebird) and when I'm planning on getting to bed.

Remember to tweet Burrows to complain if they don't play enough off Leviathan

8 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'm going to see Mastodon tonight, I'm tweeting them now to tell them what songs I want (creep and freebird) and when I'm planning on getting to bed.

Can you check if Bill Kelliher's knees are in good working order?

they are, he's the coolest guy on the planet

Can you check if Bill Kelliher's knees are in good working order?

they are, he's the coolest guy on the planet

The last time I saw them he was doing full on splits on the stage, so his knees are good. I was going to pay for a guitar lesson with him, but can't get there early enough, maybe next time. I'm going to let him know that Louis moult signed though.