Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Lamie and Sol are fine.

We have upgraded our bin fire of a left back situation.

McGinn is a better defender than O'Donnell and could cover at centre half if needed.

Agreed on McGinn and Penney at first glance appears a solid signing. 

But one injury to either Lamie or Sol and we are in deep sh1t. McGinn could fill in and SODs back to RB but we ARE still weak in this area. 

I can understand the panic around the centre half situation, especially with Ojala going. Sure from a numbers standpoint, but also just because in the grand scheme of things, Sol, Lamie and Mugabi are… fine?…ish? Far from a mad desperate panic though. Think the priority still very much has to be on a striker since if Kev gets injured, enjoys his customary suspension or just goes through an expected half-arsed shite spell, we are relying on Shields or Efford to muddle through games and that will be woeful. 

overall the squad still needs a dedicated #9, a centre half in the Aldred mould, (or you know, just like a good one?… or two, no biggie) and preferably a CDM in the Ally Gorrin mould. Sure hope we can still do some business after the window SLAMS SHUT but all in all, meh 

18 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Would we take Ramirez? Would two Yanks be too many? Would he cry at the sight of KVV? Would his wife like Lanarkshire?

He is on an allegedly ludicrous amount of money at the dons. I'd be surprised if we were willing to part with 10% of it.

58 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Cool. So you think our central defence is good and that we have cover ?

Nope, I think our central defense is like a black hole sucking balls towards Kelly's goal with a couple of holograms put in the way to try and scare attackers away . But if we could be guaranteed to score 1 more than we let in I'd be turning up every week with my bucket of popcorn . 

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ramirez is a headcase. He;s constantly putting out cryptic tweets and I think his wife does weird shit too.

Like car keys in a bowl shit?

Edited by Kapowzer
Apple autocorrect prefers “on” to “in”