Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Fine with that. Was it not that mad St Mirren cup tie before the shutdown that he began to properly look the part?

I feel I remember him being decent that night, then ripping Hearts apart in the last game before lockdown? Seems safe to assumed he'd have been the best player in the league after a few more weeks.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If you do get another forward in, do you reckon there's a chance of Shields being moved on?

Casting my eye around Premiership squads looking at fringe centre forwards who actually have some track record of success in the Championship rather than being unproven (dozens of youngsters) or pish (Innes Cameron) at that level and he's about it.

Every chance. I believe one club in particular actively enquired about his availability. One that would be pushing for promotion on current form.

I guess it depends whether Hammell rates him or thinks he could use his wage better. I think he is the kind of player that would be good in the championship (was for QOS) but a squad player for us or another premiership team pretty much as you have alluded too above. 

Edited by welldaft

Glad to see Rolando signing. Showed a lot of promise

As for Efford and Shields. I'm fine with having one of them as a the project/come on as a sub guy. But having one as a starter and the other as an impact sub is just not on at this level. They both offer some pace and do 'things'. But neither have any sort of final ball or shot.

Snoddy day? My ITK contact has definitely not played a blinder on that front...

18 minutes ago, eliphas said:

My ITK contact has definitely not played a blinder on that front...

He should join the rest of us in the KFA (Knows f**k-All) category :)

I've been ITK precisely twice -last year, I overheard folk at the Airdrie game saying that we were signing a Finnish international defender before it happened although I didn't get a name. And years back, a (Rangers supporting) mate of mine told me we were signing the bold Bob Malcolm, which I duly spilled on here and was rewarded with a DM from 'Flow demanding to know how I found out :lol:

Just seen that the offical Uefa fine for the bottle thrown and flares has been revealed. It's £2,500 for the bottle and £1,780 for a firework/flare in the second leg.

Also apparently there was not enough toilets and health/safety equipment in the south stand??? I don't see how that's possible but we have apparently been warned about it.

A wee bit of transfer chat in here "proving to be a little bit frustrating, time consuming with things moving slow but we'd rather do that and get the right people..." Suggestion is that there's no change either way with Snodgrass.

Also, McKinstry felt his hamstring after a bounce game last week hence him missing Killie.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Also apparently there was not enough toilets and health/safety equipment in the south stand??? I don't see how that's possible but we have apparently been warned about it.

... probably because the Sligo fans were all simultaneously pissing themselves and falling about laughing at our teams' ineptitude on that night ;) 

I mean...not to put 2+2 together but...

"It’s transfer deadline day on Thursday and Hasselbaink is still looking to be active before the window closes.

He said: “We need help. We need more depth and to improve the team. We need people challenging for places as players do better when their shirt is on the line. We also need players to go so we want to do business.”

The manager confirmed that the club has had offers for Louis Moult but, as yet, nothing had been finalised."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean...not to put 2+2 together but...

"The manager confirmed that the club has had offers for Louis Moult but, as yet, nothing had been finalised."

Hmmmm so this might really be a thing?

I guess we'll just have to trust Hammy on this one if we are going for it.  Perhaps there aren't any sensible alternatives available to us, so it's worth taking the gamble...?

46 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Maybe he's going back to Wrexham to be on the telly with Deadpool and Mac

It's the only thing that makes any sense. Give him mad American money.

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is... is it happening?

Also I'm completely in favour of this fwiw. It probably wouldn't work out but, like, imagine if it did? The potential benefits outweigh the idea of his memory being "tarnished" or whatever. 

Worked out well for Faddy ......

Sign me up for a ticket on the Moult Express. Why not, could be a laugh.

Didn't actually realise the deadline was tomorrow either now.

From the Scotsman:

The transfer window in Scotland opened on June 20 and was initially due to close on Wednesday, August 31. However, SPFL clubs have been granted a 24-hour extension due to the Premier Sports Cup fixtures taking place this midweek creating a potential stumbling block for concluding deals. The transfer deadline for Scottish clubs is therefore midnight on Thursday, September 1. The English deadline lands an hour earlier, at 11pm, meaning any cross-border deals will need to be concluded sooner.

Edited by eliphas

The more I think about it I can totally see why it would be an ‘option’ we are exploring.  

KVV is always going to be the main striker and Moult (even accepting of the fact that he is made of paper these days) offers us something different ie he isn’t Joe Efford or Connor Shields, which gives us a bit more flexibility in how we set up.

If it does come to pass I can’t really see the club shelling loads of cash at him anyway, so it’s a yes from me Clive.

46 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

The more I think about it I can totally see why it would be an ‘option’ we are exploring.  

KVV is always going to be the main striker and Moult (even accepting of the fact that he is made of paper these days) offers us something different ie he isn’t Joe Efford or Connor Shields, which gives us a bit more flexibility in how we set up.

If it does come to pass I can’t really see the club shelling loads of cash at him anyway, so it’s a yes from me Clive.

Aye, in an objective sense I'm in with the 'don't ruin the legacy' crowd. His knees are made of balsa wood, he's barely kicked a ball since he left and chances are he's not going to be the player the Moult stans in our fanbase think he is or want him to be.

Having said that, what are we actually looking for? We're in the market for someone to supplement KVV rather than someone to come in and be our main guy while at the same time offering more quality than we currently have.

From JFH's comments last night Burton are actively looking to get a couple out to free them up to do some business. We're actively looking for a striker and someone who, in Hammell's words, is the "right type of person, who will buy into what we're trying to do" I think Moult falls squarely into that bracket given his personality.

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that of Hammell's 3 signings so far 2 are players returning to the club.

Long story short, if we've asked the question I can absolutely see why.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Long story short, if we've asked the question I can absolutely see why.

Abso-bloody-lutely, but the thought of him getting crumpled by some hammer-thrower less-talented centre-back in the first match and then having him on a physio's bench for the rest of the season would be an absolute nightmare all round.

If he's half fit and can hold his aged limbs together, he could be magic.

I watched some of the Rolando videos again last night, I'm really looking forward to seeing him flying down the wing.  Genuine pace.  And a step-over too :)