Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

When was that interview? Would McKinstry not count as the wide man. I suppose we've generally had 2 if not 3 in the squad to mix things up.

It was published on the 24th, so 3 days ago (Wednesday) a fair bit after we announced the McKinstry loan.

The "With just nine days left of the transfer window" line gives it away a bit with the window closing on Thursday. :)

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The idea of this a month ago....

image.png.910fb1114b8087e2bcc4116333d8b4d3.png

... would have involved some creative use of Photoshop, and a fair quantity of psychotropic drugs

Aye, who'd have thought our B team would be doing so well. 

Oh well. Honeymoon period over.

Two subs who did not make an impact other than a negative one. Hammell got that one wrong. Hopefully he learns from it. 

Also reinforces the need for a few players incoming. A new striker. A commanding CB that can defend crosses. Hopefully we can persuade a couple to move on also.

Pissed off when we lose. Especially after going in front !  However in truth we probably only deserve 6 or 7 points and actually have 9. The only real decent performance was v Aberdeen. Rest of the games probably draws would be fair and possibly even a narrow defeat v St Mirren. 

Need to win midweek in Cup and then welcome a Dundee United probably still searching for 1st league win - much like Killie today. What could possibly go wrong 🙈😳

Aye, no reason for panic on today alone. There's going to be a tonne of 50-50 games like this, so long as you edge slightly more wins than losses you're fine.

It does highlight the danger of using 16 players almost on principle though - it's not that long ago our numbers 15 and 16 would already have been causing concern when forced to use them, asking folk to deliberately play a 60-70 minute game only works if you trust the guys coming on. We could maybe carry a couple but suddenly having nearly half the team being Maguire, Tierney, Efford and Morris is a huge drop in the collective standard.

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The idea of this a month ago....

image.png.910fb1114b8087e2bcc4116333d8b4d3.png

... would have involved some creative use of Photoshop, and a fair quantity of psychotropic drugs

Edit (post-match):   Oh well, a pic for the scrapbook ... and the dustbin of history :(

So we're all blaming rostok then?

Sound.

Hammell saying we'll bring in "a couple, at least".

"We will bring in a couple, at least, in the last few days. I think we need that, especially at the top end of the pitch.

We had every attacking player on the pitch that we had there, and we still need a little bit more. I think we need to be a bit more clinical and cleaner in the final third and that's hopefully something we can address in the next few days."

Link

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene.

The first goal was bad but the second. I mean f**k a duck. Goss loses his man. Fair enough he is a creative midfielder not a defender. But Sol pathetic attempt at judging the cross was woeful. Not for the first time a ball goes sailing over his head. He is a wee bit of a cult hero. I get that. I like him too. But when he is backtracking for a header he invariably misjudges and it is always costly. 

It is such a bad goal to lose. Real amateur hour defending. The ball was coming from East Kilbride. That long in the air and still we cannot make a basic defensive header. 

1 hour ago, boozyBJ said:

Anyway we can offload Morris?

Wasn't at the game so can't really comment on his contribution (or lack of) today, however, in what I have seen of him so far he is honestly Straker levels of laughably bad. A 100% jobs for the boys signing by Alex**der. Who the fk would take him off our hands though?