Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Yeah, like THIS sad sack!

image.png.0b7c9f9d90ded96c398d05cfe5769697.png

The BBC must only be allowed one left back story per day.

Penny - 24, 5'8", 3rd choice at 3rd tier Ipswich, Described as an attacking fullback. 70 senior games under his belt. Free next summer. 6 month loan.

Chrisene - 18, 6'0", youth prospect at premiership club, represented England at 15's, 16's and 17's (a 45' a game type of player). Unlikely to lead to a purchase unless he Deli Alli's it. Season long loan.

Proof will be in the pudding, but who'd you pick based on that?

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I'd rather sign the man united academy captain.

I think playing for PNE ruins players who were ballers before going to PNE .....

In Euronews, Steaua Bucharest beat Viking who beat Sligo who beat us.

Edited by Kapowzer

6 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Proof will be in the pudding, but who'd you pick based on that?

In the eating. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Based on all the exciting youth international prospects we've had on loan before who've done hee-haw while they were with us (and only occasionally made any kind of name for themselves later), I'm quite happy we've gone the more conventional Motherwell route tbh.

Stephen Kelly being told he can leave Rangers, reckon he would be worth a punt.

admittedly it's not really an area of the pitch we are lacking options, and if it held back Kian Spiers I wouldn't be in favour.

Edited by Neil86

29 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Anyone heard anything about a higher cash offer for Snodgrass coming in from Perth?

I heard that too. £5.25 more a week and all the potatoes and turnips he can eat. That us f*cked. 

If he wants to go to the highest bidder he won’t be coming to Motherwell. That is a given. 

This is dragging on now. I respect he wants to see all options before making a decision. But you want players that want to be at Motherwell and not just as a fall back. Hammell has said as much. If he does not sign next few days (by Monday) I would be pursuing other options. 

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I like the idea of Hammell going through every LB on WyScout, being enraged by their inability to trap a ball as well as him, and moving on.

Does WyScout have a metric on how long it takes them to take a shy?

15 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Stephen Kelly being told he can leave Rangers, reckon he would be worth a punt.

admittedly it's not really an area of the pitch we are lacking options, and if it held back Kian Spiers I wouldn't be in favour.

Never heard of him. Who is he?

Yeah, I think it's getting to the stage where we need to set a deadline for an answer and move on if he doesn't want to commit. Maybe we've already done that.

Has there been any chat from Hammell to confirm what other positions we're looking at? You've got to think a centre forward is a given, but we're generally pretty well covered in most other areas. I can't see a centre half being brought in unless one of the current senior CB's leaves. Maybe a big dirty #6 is on the shopping list.

Just now, dezz said:

Yeah, I think it's getting to the stage where we need to set a deadline for an answer and move on if he doesn't want to commit. Maybe we've already done that.

Has there been any chat from Hammell to confirm what other positions we're looking at? You've got to think a centre forward is a given, but we're generally pretty well covered in most other areas. I can't see a centre half being brought in unless one of the current senior CB's leaves. Maybe a big dirty #6 is on the shopping list.

Quotes from Hammell's press conference in the Record.

However, Hammell says he hasn't heard anything from the 34-year-old, and may need to look at other targets.

He said: "There is no update, I don't think, positive or otherwise. It's pretty much where it was last week, so there's nothing really to add to that, unfortunately.

"We've not put a deadline on it, as such, but we will be looking to bring players in, and we've not got an endless budget here where we can just sit.

"We will be looking to bring in a couple before Thursday.

"We'll try and recruit a couple of players. We'll be looking to do a little bit more business before the window closes, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

"We are looking at specific areas on the pitch but, similar to Matt, he needs to fit into what we're trying to do here, he needs to want to come, to be a part of this, and add to the group, progress the group, and if that's not the case then he won't come."

Hammell says some of the younger players will go out on loan deals, but will still be available for 'B' team and reserve games.

Link

It's not really dragging on I wouldn't say. In as much as it's less than a fortnight since the story broke and a week since Hammy said we'd offered him something.

But I agree when push comes to shove - if we have other signing targets we should start to love on them.

That said, there are enough players/ex players who know Snoddy in and about the club that I'm sure we know his position...

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Nothing but respect for Rylan leaning into this complete nonsense. 

Kelly's patter is dry though, eh. 

Fair play to Liam for keeping it safe though, asking him for his opinions on stuff could have gone in a whole other direction. Either that or the unedited video is 40 minutes and all they could use was who's your favourite pler and what's been your best shaggin wagon.