Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

A rare bit of expectation management going on - we have been guilty of a wee bit of over-promising with signings over the years - so I'm totally fine with "hopefully"...

Exactly. I mean, I wasn't being deliberately snarky (well, maybe a wee bit) but as things stand "Hopefully" is probably the best Burrows can say.

I thought the quotes from Hammell leaned into that as well.

On 16/08/2022 at 11:38, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Happy enough with that. 

I see Hibs are signing that Luke McCormick boy (not the murderer.)

I see he's pied Hibs and signed with Bristol Rovers.

Couldn't say no to working with Joey Barton I guess.

Look, I really want it to work out for Joe but did I miss something on Saturday?!

image.png.00ec5a19eb1fcc7f386110802b6be2e0.png

image.png.4f7c6414f0bafe04f3255efd7371aa82.png

I mean, he only played 35 minutes and other than cutting in and getting a deflected shot away, I can't remember him doing anything. This may have been raised on the match thread but just saw the TOTW on Twitter there and was scratching my head.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Kelly literally had nothing to do. There must have been one keeper who actually made a save at the weekend.

😂 Hadn't spotted he's also in the team! I literally wondered at points on Saturday if he might be getting bored.

I thought at the time that Joe was decent, and at least took the defenders on rather than looking for a sideways pass to get around them.  It may not have been any more effective, but in a match where 'tidy but a bit dull' was the order of the day, it did provide a few moments of entertainment.
Hopefully it'll boost his confidence anyway.

35 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Look, I really want it to work out for Joe but did I miss something on Saturday?!

image.png.00ec5a19eb1fcc7f386110802b6be2e0.png

image.png.4f7c6414f0bafe04f3255efd7371aa82.png

I mean, he only played 35 minutes and other than cutting in and getting a deflected shot away, I can't remember him doing anything. This may have been raised on the match thread but just saw the TOTW on Twitter there and was scratching my head.

Baffling BBC MotM scoring

Clyde 1: "Hold my pint ......."

The criteria for this shit is:

1./ Did any of the diddy teams get a clean sheet?

2./ Did Joe Hart or McLaughlin do anything of note? If so, ignore above

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I'm not sure what sort of reply the bold Michael was expecting given we've openly said Hammell's been given "resources" to recruit..."Yes we're definitely 100% signing a bunch of players." / "No we're not planning on signing anyone. LOL.".

could be soon

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

could be soon

How soon is now?

AB should have replied demanding to know why the guy wasn't happy with a back-up keeper we hopefully won't see till next year.

I'm convinced one day he's going to have a full-on flip out on Twitter and post a pic of a knife close to his arm: WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME, BLOOD? ACTUAL BLOOD?! 

2 hours ago, Mr Hahn said:

Even with that cut in and shot by Efford, Spittal winning the ball from Devlin just prior to it was arguably more impressive. Van Veen was MotM. When he turned Fitzwater by the touchline, dribbled in and shot narrowly wide, that was easily the best attacking flourish in the match. Then scored the only goal. Johansen was also a stand out.