Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, stu92 said:

I saw on SO earlier from someone allegedly ITK saying that Snodgrass had a few offers on the table now and so was unlikely to be signing for us. Not overly surprising that others are keen on him, what is a bit more surprising is that Rangers were apparently one of them...

The Snodgrass to Motherwell idea only made sense if he was dead set on coming home and it convenient - if we're one of many bids he's weighing up it suggests that's not the case and I seriously doubt we'd end up best of the bunch. So it would have been a quick thumbs up or nothing.

And given I already had concerns about taking him at all, if it looks like we've pushed the boat out to sign him ahead of various competitors, I will (in theory*) very much have the fear over what it will mean to our budget when he makes eight half-fit appearances this term.

* in practice I'll be all aboard the Snoddy train. Choo-choo. Sod it, you only live once.

10 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I wonder whether Woolery would still be here had Alexander left a few weeks sooner. The official line was that he'd been unsettled in Scotland for a while, anyone's guess as to how much of that was down to the previous regime.

I saw on SO earlier from someone allegedly ITK saying that Snodgrass had a few offers on the table now and so was unlikely to be signing for us. Not overly surprising that others are keen on him, what is a bit more surprising is that Rangers were apparently one of them...

Or if KVV would have signed a year extension on his contact 

12 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I wonder whether Woolery would still be here had Alexander left a few weeks sooner. The official line was that he'd been unsettled in Scotland for a while, anyone's guess as to how much of that was down to the previous regime.

No offer from Rangers but there is an offer from Australia on the table from what I hear. 

8 minutes ago, eliphas said:

No offer from Rangers but there is an offer from Australia on the table from what I hear. 

Funny that somehow our offer is the only one that has been made public ! He must have had offers elsewhere before we made our interest known 🤷‍♂️. Obviously works in his / agents favour to ramp up interest.

Just over a week until the window closes so I hope we move on quickly if a deal looks unlikely to be concluded. It is probably a gamble but I would be more than happy to see him join up as long as we are not pushing the boat out too much. 

I wouldn't have Gogic. Probably more to do with him being a durty Accies bassa.

I took an interest in why he has a slavic surname and discovered I remember his Da being a good striker back in the day. (More a Champ/FM thing than seeing him in real life)

The mention of Stevie getting emotional when he was given the job gave me a little lump in my throat I must admit.  I'd hate for this to end badly, too soon, and for it to be the end of him at the club.

So I hope the board have worked out some sort of golden parachute strategy whereby he can come back to his previous role, or take up some other position at FP (unless there's some irreparable burning of bridges, obviously)

All the best Stevie, we're all behind you! (ignore any poorly hidden pitchforks and unlit torches)

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Gogic is fine for bottom 6 jobbers, not for us.

3.5 weeks is a lifetime in fitba eh?

3 hours ago, Big G man said:

Or if KVV would have signed a year extension on his contact 

To be fair to Woolery, he saw Kev being played with a gammy arm, blowing out his hoop after the first run and turning it on when Sky were in town. Where as he was the standout against St Johnstone I think or it was the Carroll Ross County game and was papped onto the bench.

6 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

.... Leading a Britain First march through Luton.

I always thought Kelly looks like every guy I've ever known with a white van with their initials then their trade vinyled on the side. Shares the same political views as the most bitter of taxi drivers however.

??

The context of the quoted/replied to post kinda gives you an idea of how the discussion evolved. To look at stuff in isolation without context, well the onus is on the reader and not the author on that one.

Go back and read it with that in mind and if you're still lost give me a shout and I'll PM you.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tangentially related to Gogic, I always wanted us to take that massive Tagliapietra c**t from Accies. There's still time.

Turning out for 'Penafiel' in the Portuguese second tier. Only 31!

I mean, I'm not sure what sort of reply the bold Michael was expecting given we've openly said Hammell's been given "resources" to recruit..."Yes we're definitely 100% signing a bunch of players." / "No we're not planning on signing anyone. LOL.".

Anyway, another Hammell interview here:

With just nine days left of the transfer window Hammell is still looking to add to his squad. A wide man, a full back and another striker are on the wishlist and the club is waiting to hear back from Robert Snodgrass after making the former Scotland star an offer.

Hammell said: “We have a fair few internationals here already which is a good thing for any team. I have said from the start we have good players in the building.

“We are trying to recruit new players but the improvement we have seen from the players who are already here is great. It has given me food for thought in terms of recruiting. We won’t spend the club’s money for the sake of it."

“We have one or two areas we would like to improve but if we feel we have better in the building we won’t bring in others. We have had a positive reaction since coming in.

“There was maybe a confidence issue which we are improving day by day and hopefully that continues. We are working around the clock to try to get some people in but if they don’t happen and we have to go with what we have here that’s fine.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I'm not sure what sort of reply the bold Michael was expecting given we've openly said Hammell's been given "resources" to recruit..."Yes we're definitely 100% signing a bunch of players." / "No we're not planning on signing anyone. LOL.".

Anyway, another Hammell interview here:

A rare bit of expectation management going on - we have been guilty of a wee bit of over-promising with signings over the years - so I'm totally fine with "hopefully"...