Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

see with the Davis thing, was it not only the Sun that ran with the report, there seems to be quite a few running with it, BBC, STV etc.

Nah, there were a few outlets. No BBC or STV mind you.

1360151814_ScreenShot2022-08-18at13_00_59.thumb.png.3406398196610550520dd24fadc087a2.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

see with the Davis thing, was it not only the Sun that ran with the report, there seems to be quite a few running with it, BBC, STV etc.

They're almost certainly just taking it from the initial report in the Record. Perhaps I do them a disservice and they've all separately contacted Snodgrass/his agent and Motherwell to confirm but I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

They're almost certainly just taking it from the initial report in the Record. Perhaps I do them a disservice and they've all separately contacted Snodgrass/his agent and Motherwell to confirm but I doubt it.

Aye. The STV Sports article headline is we're 'reportedly' in talks and cites The Sun as the source. It's pretty speculative.

Also, f**k The Sun.

Motherwell are reportedly in talks to sign former Scotland international Robert Snodgrass.

The Sun say that he is expected to make his decision on a return to the Scottish Premiership in the next 24 hours.

Link

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

FWIW; that goal was the moment I knew I loved Snodgrass. 

Realised he'd tipped it past the keeper, then simultaneously realised he could absolutely cement the goalkeeper a belter and get away with it.

Which is what he did.

I'm not one to rake the coals of the previous game on a thursday but just read this new quote from Goodwin about Saturday's game and it's pretty fucking absurd

“We are still a very new group, there are still a number of players from other countries and this is their first experience of the Scottish Premiership.

“Maybe Saturday was a bit of an eye-opener to them in terms of what to expect when teams come to Pittodrie.

“The majority of teams are going to come to Pittodrie and set up the way Motherwell did with 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the counter-attack.

“I thought Motherwell executed that game plan brilliantly, so full credit to Stevie Hammell and his players for that, but it’s up to us to find a way to break the opposition down.

He's either delusional or he's doubling down after being caught out by a pretty big change in approach from us - but the idea that we were sitting in waiting to be "broken down" is reality-denying stuff that 14k Dons would be laughing at reading it.

2 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Saw Snoddy in Tim Hortons earlier, or at least a geezer with a huge napper.

The guy who owns Upper Crust must be pyoor raging now that every cant is spotted in Tim Horton's these days...

You've changed people of Motherwell... you've changed...

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm not one to rake the coals of the previous game on a thursday but just read this new quote from Goodwin about Saturday's game and it's pretty fucking absurd

He's either delusional or he's doubling down after being caught out by a pretty big change in approach from us - but the idea that we were sitting in waiting to be "broken down" is reality-denying stuff that 14k Dons would be laughing at reading it.

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.

Loser.

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Most of Dons possession was centre backs trying to pass it between each other. Where else does he expect  the opposition to be?

Probably the most itk post I'll ever put on here but Mrs P was having a right good blether with McKinstry's maw today. seemingly homesickness was a major factor in him coming back up the road and doesn't sound like they are anticipating him heading back down south after his loan ends . 10 year permanent deal at the end of the season incoming.  

5 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Has any smartarse or moon howler hit Flao with a #announcesnoddy?

5 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I haven't checked Twitter for days, but yes.

They're on the official's facebook comments.

Because, as everyone knows, the media team have a final say in these matters.

Facebook.png

Scott Burns reporting on it.

Saying we've chucked Hammell extra cash to try and get it done. Also, 3 or 4 more.

The Motherwell boss is also looking to bring in another striker before the close of the window and a full-back is also on his wish list. Another wide option could also come into play if Snodgrass decides that his future remains away from Fir Park. Motherwell could also move some of their own fringe players on before the close of the window.

giphy.gif