Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

One first team appearance, Wee Al had about 50 at the same stage. The link with Hammy and exposure to competitive games has to be looked upon favourably by Leeds. Why not.

Cornelius, Slattery, Goss and Spittal ran the show on Saturday, if any of them get injured which is a strong possibility, the depth behind them isn't great.

Positions that give me the fear in order are: LB, CH and someone to push/cover/play during KVV's inevitable suspension(s) and exhaustion.

You'd expect Hammy to have a keen eye on what makes a defender a quality addition.

The fact that Leeds supposedly want to loan McKinstry out to get him games and Hartley was looking to take him to Hartlepool in L2 a while back meant it seemed a really, really fucking obvious shout especially given what were's missing in the side (natural width).

When Hammell spoke about a couple of "slow burning" deals I wondered if he might be one given he's Leeds player and it's really up to them what happens with him.

Feels like that quote is essentially saying we're not not interested.

Fwiw, this is what he's been up to...

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I took the "just now" part to be the interesting stuff.

"We've enquired, been asked for wage contribution X which is way above our budget but if no one else offers that by the end of the month our phone might ring."

A lot of guesswork obviously but you need to assume the otherwise eloquent enough Hammell wouldn't have produced that absolute word salad if there was an easy yes/no or not something we're looking to keep quiet for the time being.

I always thought that McKinstry move back to Motherwell was always going to be a non starter after how he left. 

I think I’m right in saying these was a fall out with the club, Stuart and his family after Burrows tried to scupper the move to Leeds in favour of a last minute move to Southampton. Which could have cost the player and family decent cash whisky making the club more. Wasn’t handled well by Flow I had heard. 

However as we all know he is a huge Well fan as are his family. So maybe time will heal….. and tell. 

15 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I always thought that McKinstry move back to Motherwell was always going to be a non starter after how he left. 

I think I’m right in saying these was a fall out with the club, Stuart and his family after Burrows tried to scupper the move to Leeds in favour of a last minute move to Southampton. Which could have cost the player and family decent cash whisky making the club more. Wasn’t handled well by Flow I had heard. 

However as we all know he is a huge Well fan as are his family. So maybe time will heal….. and tell. 

First I've heard this version of events. I remember reading a piece on him a year or so ago about how the move came about and how his dad moved to Leeds with him to make the move happen, and they spoke highly of how the club had supported them.

Hammy's quote sounds as though he hadn't actually considered McKinstry until the journalist asked him the question.

25 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I thought it was all pretty amicable (publicly at least)

Aye, Phil Hay did a long read for The Athletic about him and there was also a podcast Stephen McManus contributed to.

The fact that since he left he's also done an interview with the club website (was this maybe in a programme as well?) didn't hint at any acrimony: 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/10/27/stuart-mckinstry-making-strides-with-leeds-united/

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Possibly, but a fair chance he'd still have been given offside for interference. Depends how far out the way he managed to get, and in which direction.

If the ball hadn’t hit him it would have been a goal because he wasn’t interfering with any Aberdeen player’s view of the ball, just the ball itself.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If the ball hadn’t hit him it would have been a goal because he wasn’t interfering with any Aberdeen player’s view of the ball, just the ball itself.

You don't have to interfere with their view, just make "an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball". If I was a goalie, "a guy right in front of me ducking to try and get out the way of a goalbound shot" would certainly fall into that category.

35 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

You don't have to interfere with their view, just make "an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball". If I was a goalie, "a guy right in front of me ducking to try and get out the way of a goalbound shot" would certainly fall into that category.

From my recollection he wasn't right in front of Roos.

All over the Mckinstry news, it will be nice to have some identity back with a few well fans in the team, Hammell in the dug out as well. He is a right good player as well which helps.

would imagine that will be tonight's 5 or 6pm club tweet.