Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Have to give a shout out to SOD for having a decent game at left back. Him sprinting across to put the fear of God into the guy who was 1on1 after Sol slipped was beautiful. He was never getting there, but the guy fluffed his shot because he shat himself.

Just clocked that on Sportscene, you're absolutely right. Superb effort, even if only for show it's the sort of thing which screams fresh start.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Just watched the highlights. It's fucking great how smiley Stevie Hammell is. Goss is going to score 20+.

I mean 20+ might be a stretch but at some point he's going to stripe a goal of the season contender into the top corner and I'm all in favour.

Also reckon he got put forward for the press this week on account of that extra sharp skin fade he's had.

Just to recap- we've signed f**k all, appointed a rookie manager and somehow got better, and everyone who finished below us last season is still shite? Class.
I don't think I can be fucked with Europe again next season.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
12 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
Just to recap- we've signed f**k all, appointed a rookie manager and somehow got better, and everyone who finished below us last season is still shite? Class.

I don't think I can be fucked with Europe again next season.

I've already booked my flights and accommodation for Bala.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Shout out to Edwyn Collins and Grace Maxwell btw.

The backstory here is that in the interim, the boys had discovered lassies and bevvy and ended up setting fire to the drum.

So, roughly speaking...is this us now?

lineup.png.d988762639a5ea7892e704298f5a1ccb.png

Obviously there's been plenty of #YoungMotherwell on the bench but this builder only lets me add 2 players per position and I've left Carroll and McGinley out as one is definitely long term injured and the other seems a bit more vague.

There are still a couple of slightly awkward fits in there IMO.

I noticed on Steelmen that there was a mention that Hammell had said pre-match that "he'd hoped to have 2 new additions signed yesterday".

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Slattery is only five yellows/games away from his first suspension of the season.

But in other news, we're now 1/6th of the way to safety.

One for the statos, when does Hammy's reign begin for his win percentage? As caretaker or from formal appointment. He's either at 66% or 100%.

Edited by Kapowzer