Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

32 minutes ago, dezz said:

Cheers folks. It was an absolutely class day, and only partly due to the fact GA got binned about 3 hours after the ceremony!  

Just as well it was after - shouting "get it up ye, ya bearded tit" during a wedding ceremony is usually frowned on.

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

Just as well it was after - shouting "get it up ye, ya bearded tit" during a wedding ceremony is usually frowned on.

Good to know, tbh.

Also, I see United fans have en masse turned on Tony Watt, and may I simply say; lol.

Cheers folks. It was an absolutely class day, and only partly due to the fact GA got binned about 3 hours after the ceremony!  
Congratulations! Although you're wife's probably not best pleased about her big day being overshadowed [emoji16]. In years to come you'll look back and she'll say "Remember the day we got married " and you'll say "Yeah, Graham Alexander got sacked "!

58 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Congratulations! Although you're wife's probably not best pleased about her big day being overshadowed emoji16.png. In years to come you'll look back and she'll say "Remember the day we got married " and you'll say "Yeah, Graham Alexander got sacked "!

My sister's no best pleased at the fact I remember the night my nephew was born as the night we leathered Denmark at Hampden.

I think we may still see some players leaving as well as a fair few joining as the new Manager makes his mark.

Part of me thinks Hammell was always a shoe in for the job. Not least because there was so little news about potential Managers which is always a little strange. Normally you get those interviewed making comment before, during or after the interviews….but nothing.

I have been impressed by his interviews so far. If he was a shoe in (he was) we will be far down the line with a few potential players. Does not mean we will get those targets as we are hardly rolling in money.

Excited for him. Will be a few bumps on the road but he should get the backing of all. 

I was really unsure of Hammell getting it full time but after reading what he's got to say and watching him in the videos the club have put out I'm all aboard the Steven Hammell train.

I'm hoping the we're well on the way to having a couple of players signed and ready to go for next weeks game. Especially a LB given the news of Caroll looking like he'll be out for the rest of the season and whatever is going on with McGinley.

Also, congratulations @dezz on getting married.

Shall we have a P&B whipround and get @dezz a toaster? Congrats!

As for today, play the strongest team on merit not favourites, play football, don't get our arsed handed to us, maybe sneak a new manager bounce. Inclined to go back 5 as Aberdeen have good attacking options.

----------Kelly---------

-McGinn---Sol---Lamie?-

SOD--------------Morris

--Cornelius----Slattery--

--------Tierney---------

---Shields------KVV----

Could argue Spittal for Tierney or Goss based on his performance last week but with respect to him he's very much in the one swallow doesn't make summer category for me.

We've low key announced we've signed the back-up 'keeper. No socials posts (as yet), just a news story on the official.

Despite the copy in The Record's tweet the news story reads:

6’4″ Oxborough signed under previous manager Graham Alexander, with international clearance finally being granted, and goes straight into the squad against Aberdeen as Scott Fox is temporarily filling in as goalkeeper coach.

Link

So he's not Hammell's first addition.

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Shall we have a P&B whipround and get @dezz a toaster? Congrats!

As for today, play the strongest team on merit not favourites, play football, don't get our arsed handed to us, maybe sneak a new manager bounce. Inclined to go back 5 as Aberdeen have good attacking options.

----------Kelly---------

-McGinn---Sol---Lamie?-

SOD--------------Morris

--Cornelius----Slattery--

--------Tierney---------

---Shields------KVV----

Could argue Spittal for Tierney or Goss based on his performance last week but with, respect to him he's very much in the  one swallow doesn't make summer category for me.

Think Lamie still suspended?

Still prefer the idea of a 5 though, and with O'Donnell proving competent enough on the left, maybe put him out there, McGinn on the right, with Bevis on the right of the back 3? Not ideal but with things the way they are, possibly a least worst option?

On the Oxborough announcement, it is indeed a low key welcome and introduction. I know he's been here a while and i might be reading something into it which isn’t actually there, but the short piece and the wording scream underwhelmed to me from whomever wrote it.

Stressing the fact he was brought in by the previous manager, and the fact he only seems to be going straight into the squad because Fox is filling in the interim goalie coach role seems a little, weird for someone youve just given a 2yr deal?

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

On the Oxborough announcement, it is indeed a low key welcome and introduction. I know he's been here a while and i might be reading something into it which isn’t actually there, but the short piece and the wording scream underwhelmed to me from whomever wrote it.

Stressing the fact he was brought in by the previous manager, and the fact he only seems to be going straight into the squad because Fox is filling in the interim goalie coach role seems a little, weird for someone youve just given a 2yr deal?

There's a bit of that but I'd honestly just imagine it's to reduce the number of roasters from our support having aneurysms in the club's mentions with their terrible takes and getting bent out of shape over a back up keeper.

I mean, we've frequently announced players 'subject to international clearance' so it really just seems like it's a case of housekeeping and we've held off making the announcement until the dust has settled and Hammell's been announced.

Essentially what I'm taking from the language is we've signed the bold Aston, he's been around the club for a while, we didn't announce him at the time because Alexander had been binned, he's not a Hammell signing, it doesn't mean Kelly is leaving.