Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

There will never have been a Motherwell manager who I want to succeed more - and I think he'll get more patience than most - but I still stick to my principal that no-one should be getting their first gig at a club like ours.

Chairman Jim McMahon said: “We ran a very robust process that started with over 70 applicants. We met last weekend to narrow that down to a final three and we spent time interviewing them over the last few days.

“All three candidates were impressive, and each brought their own positives, but Steven was the unanimous pick of the directors and Well Society board members who sat on the panel.

“He inspired us with not only his short-term plans to reshape the squad and adapt the style, but his medium to long-term vision around a fully integrated club and we felt this matched how we see the future of the club.

It's hard to argue with the people who met all the candidates... is it...?

46 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I still think I would like to see Hammell be assistant to whomever we appoint.  Assuming of course it is NOT Hammell himself that is appointed.

Quite enjoying you clarifying that you dont expect Hammell to be appointed assistant manager to himself haha

i am fucking ragin' for Lasley.

He'd have walked into the job this time. Given it was stated he was being groomed and was too inexperienced despite interviewing well the last twice what a kick in the baws.

You'll never get experience if you're never given a chance.  Multiple clubs, way way bigger than Motherwell, give folk their first chance at management and there's loads of them who make a success of it.

I've got a good feeling about this.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I adore Stevie Hammell but it's hard to argue this isn't a cheap/lazy option.

Best of luck to him, obviously. 

Perhaps the other candidates were not up to much and the Board thought they like what Stevie is doing / saying. I am sure if there was a better option we would have gone down that road. 

Maybe we are not that attractive an option 🤷‍♂️