Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Slattery coming back will improve things, and so will Lamie, but we're still short about 3 players.

3? Add another half a dozen onto that. 

No blame to Hammell for today. He can only do so much with the pile of shite he's been left with. 

Very disappointed to lose a game so late but although the result was the same it definitely felt different to the losses of the last 6 months. Yes we definitely need a few more players and it looks like our forwards believe we're never going to score from open play again but saw enough in there to think that Slattery coming back in , a wee bit more confidence in attack and someone telling GI Joe to just f*cking shoot when the goal has opened up beautifully in front of him instead of taking another 3 touches should give us a kernel of hope for the season ahead . 

42 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Goss was our best player today I thought. Wasn’t at St Mirren but today was a marked improvement from the two Sligo games. You’ve got to feel that with a new manager and approach to games, we’ll be better than St Johnstone come end of the season as I thought they were pretty shite all in despite scoring more than us. 

Shout out to the bois for being utter morons again. 

Here we go again… let the witch-hunt begin. Some of those tapping into a subject they know little of is beyond parody.

Must be great the life of an über fan especially in our our support. 

I’ve not seen the defending yet but I reckon I could have a total heads gone when I do.

Alexander has left us in some state. Fucking ridiculous to be starting the season this disorganised/unfit/weak areas still unaddressed.

Got the total fear this is finally the season we drop down as we’re not getting the 3/4/5 (good) players we need. 

21 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Here we go again… let the witch-hunt begin. Some of those tapping into a subject they know little of is beyond parody.

Must be great the life of an über fan especially in our our support. 

Which witch-hunt is this?

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

😂 Hammel fucking hates Carroll and McGinley

Was told today Carroll is fucked and he's not even been able to collect his motor from FP.

1 hour ago, stu92 said:

Goss was our best player today I thought.

Prettiest face in the burns unit etc. Side ways and back.
The amount of time he sklaff's his free shots from 25 yards is soul destroying.

Night and day in the style btw. I can't be too upset at losing there (well I can, but you know what I mean.) Alexander's squad we've been left with is a fucking shambles.

Just watched Hammell's post match interview there and again he's talking about it taking time adjust, change and fix things, no matter who is in charge come next week. Again voicing and reiterating publicly his belief that Alexander has left us in one helliva state. 

Flao and the board must now be rueing their folly in letting him rumble on in charge with the mounting red flags since the turn of the year. Yes, on paper he met targets, but tough decisions need to be made at the right times. It was obvious he'd lost the support, at least some of the dressing room, and pretty much any direction. He should have been mutual'd at the end of last season in a similar fashion as to when Mellon left Utd when they realised it wasn't working. Not doing so is why things have fallen quite so far and it's going to be a long, long way back.

39 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Alexander has left us in some nick by the way, when you see that today. 

15 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Alexander has left us in some state. Fucking ridiculous to be starting the season this disorganised/unfit/weak areas still unaddressed.

This is my overall feeling after the first few games of the season - we look a fucking mile off it. If you take McGhee 2007 as the gold standard of what a team can be like after pre-season (they even went to Austria) - and you look at the state of us at the moment, it's an embarrassment. 

4 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

The usual from the naysayers. We see you.

Not involved personally, but, vexed at the reaction of some. Strange thing to boo in many’s opinion.

:lol:

9/10. Missing a Stoney badge for the 10.

Ho boy. Unfortunately a lot of the concerns raised by some last season really seem to be starting to bite now going into this campaign. Alexander, post contract extension, turned into an absolutely disastrous appointment and his shadow still looms over that team. We're bad, I mean we're really bad. So far off it, so under prepared - completely directionless.

I still hold out hope for a few players in the team but a large chunk simply won't do I'm afraid. Needs a real turn around otherwise all the signs are we're going to really struggle this year. 

Edited by Londonwell