Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

GRAHAM ALEXANDER STATEMENT

STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF GRAHAM ALEXANDER

Whilst mine and Chris Lucketti’s time at Motherwell Football Club has come to an end, it is a period that I will always remember fondly and be proud of what we achieved during our time in charge.

First, I would like to thank the board for giving us the opportunity to lead the club and for their continued support throughout my tenure. The staff behind the scenes have been great, and my support staff have been incredible to work with making it a joy to go into work every day.

It has been a privilege to coach the players and they deserve so much credit for what we achieved. We have made many friends and that means as much to us as our record of results.

When we were trusted with leading the club 18 months ago, it was a daunting challenge. Bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face, the task was quite clear. Succeeding in preserving Motherwell’s SPL status, with a few games to spare, was so important to the club both on and off the pitch, as we knew what relegation would mean to the club and its fans.

Our next challenge was to trim and improve the squad, to create a group of players that could aim for a top half finish. Whilst focussing on those aims, we also reintroduced the U/18’s back into full-time training, allowing us to include several academy players in our senior squad.

In our only full season, we managed to do all of this and qualify for Europe, after spending 27 weeks of the season in the top six. That achievement is one that everyone at the club can look back on with pride.

I will always remember what we, as a team, achieved together – qualifying for Europe, earning the third highest points tally behind only Celtic and Rangers, and being the fourth highest scorers across the league. It has been a fantastic 18 months.

Finally, thank you to the supporters who got behind the team and helped us to reach Europe last season.

Good luck to everyone and take care.

Graham.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unlike some or indeed many I never disliked the guy.  Yes he was annoying in pre and post match interviews and rarely told the truth about players / injuries etc.  But he saved us from relegation and got us into Europe.  How he did it was mystifying but it is a fact. 
I hope he gets another gig soon and is successful. 

That's surely no real. 

45 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That's surely no real. 

It's the League Manager's Association that released it - the manager's union - I would imagine they all get this sort of thing when they've been emptied.