Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I may try to rationalize it or sugar coat it as a coping mechanism if we did end up with Robinson, but I'll go on the record now as saying I'd be gutted if that was the case.

However, I'd be watching the f**k out of the Twitter meltdown.

Apparently the deal to take Robinson back is done, £400k, but this relies on him taking Dunne with him back to Fir Park, which will take the spending up to £750k.

Spoiler

This is obviously shite, but not less shite than anything the Daily Record can make up

Robinson left as he had, by his own admission, run out of ideas - I can't see that he's suddenly found them again in the 18 months he's been away. The whole idea is too mental and unlikely to be real. 

9 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

It's not unusual for performance therapists to follow the manager out😉

What are performance therapists? And why would you need two?

I liked Robinson but then I quite liked Alexander initially. 

It is more the case what has he done since he left us and looking at it objectively not a great deal. If you have only been in the job for a handful of games and St Mirren fans are leaning towards a sh1te appointment then it is a firm no from me. 

It is a lot to ask given our status and budget, but I would like a Manager that is a great Man Manager and motivator that the players will respect. That and he would have the ability to switch tactics and formations to suit the playing squad and opposition. Not stick rigidly to one formation and shoehorn players into wrong positions etc.

As I said a lot to ask for but that is unlikely to come from an untested or relatively new / young Manager. 

Looking at the colt team who beat Sligo 2-0 on 2018, does anyone else think what could have been with that group? 

Aside from Campbell who played several seasons, and Turnbull who went for a record fee, had the group stuck together does anyone think they might have rivalled the OF In the way hearts in 04-06 and Hibs in 07 did?

I understand we received fees for all those who moved on, but it Is frustrating watching a team so devoid of attacking threat, and realising many of our best youth players were in the attacking areas but chose to play elsewhere, thinking McAleer (sp?) McKinstry, among others. Those two groups had they stayed as long as Campbell could have been an absolute joy to watch IMO.

What are others thoughts on here?

Dick Campbell, Robinson, Craigan, Faddy?...yer all on crack or fishing. The only explanation for any of these suggestions. The players are in enough trouble trying to string short passes to each other without fans spouting pish like this as new managers.

7 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Dick Campbell, Robinson, Craigan, Faddy?...yer all on crack or fishing. The only explanation for any of these suggestions. The players are in enough trouble trying to string short passes to each other without fans spouting pish like this as new managers.

Just think of it as a pressure release after this week.  It’s fun to throw daft names about for a bit, helps to offset the depression when we announce Terry Butcher.*

*kidding, it’ll be Ian Cathro.

12 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Just think of it as a pressure release after this week.  It’s fun to throw daft names about for a bit, helps to offset the depression when we announce Terry Butcher.*

*kidding, it’ll be Ian Cathro.

Yeah I suppose but you know some daft journo is going to publish these names. For me its got to be someone with a good bit of experience that can hold a dressing room together. We have had two up ands coming managers in Robinson and Alexander. Hopefully the directors will find someone who won't take any shit from the players underperforming and can get them motivated. Not McGhee (shudder) or Campbell they are past it for me. Certainly not any ex-Well players.

I can't think of any with any success in management (only one who has we could not afford (Martinez) he would never return to the club who basically ditched him when we went into administration and is flying high with Belgium))

Edited by Well Well

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Yeah I suppose but you know some daft journo is going to publish these names. For me its got to be someone with a good bit of experience that can hold a dressing room together. We have had two up ands coming managers in Robinson and Alexander. Hopefully the directors will find someone who won't take any shit from the players underperforming and can get them motivated. Not McGhee (shudder) or Campbell they are past it for me. Certainly not any ex-Well players.

I can't think of any with any success in management (only one who has we could not afford (Martinez) he would never return to the club who basically ditched him when we went into administration and is flying high with Belgium))

Unfinished business 

29 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Looking at the colt team who beat Sligo 2-0 on 2018, does anyone else think what could have been with that group? 

Aside from Campbell who played several seasons, and Turnbull who went for a record fee, had the group stuck together does anyone think they might have rivalled the OF In the way hearts in 04-06 and Hibs in 07 did?

I understand we received fees for all those who moved on, but it Is frustrating watching a team so devoid of attacking threat, and realising many of our best youth players were in the attacking areas but chose to play elsewhere, thinking McAleer (sp?) McKinstry, among others. Those two groups had they stayed as long as Campbell could have been an absolute joy to watch IMO.

What are others thoughts on here?

I might be misremembering but did that team not run Ross County close and Turnbull was away on international duty.

The team that won the youth cup was largely the same crowd.  I think Dylan Mackin may have got found out.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I might be misremembering but did that team not run Ross County close and Turnbull was away on international duty.

The team that won the youth cup was largely the same crowd.  I think Dylan Mackin may have got found out.

I'm pretty sure they did actually,  and there are always Individuals who can't make the step up from youth to senior level. But some of those players seem to have ruined their careers by moving too soon.