Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

Let's just assume it will be a non-Scottish based manager who has never managed here before and we won't find out until late in the process. 

It's big dunc mate.

#announcebigdunc

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Anyone heard anymore about the so called scrapping in the dressing room after the game. Seems it got quite tasty which is why he is now getting binned. 

share it then

44 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Got to hand it to Motherwell. Didn't even give P&B time to quash the rumour as being absolute shite before confirming it. 

I have no need to come on here and post made up stuff.

I'm a little surprised it happened just because of how close to the season starting but Alexander has been on the bad side of the fans for a while. The county game at Fir Park is where it really turned on him. Visceral hatred in the stands. Scraping top 6 and Europe papered over cracks but it looks like we made the wrong choice not getting rid earlier.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Big Dunc would be an fine appointment IMO. Decent record for Everton considering he was a rookie. I hope Motherwell get Big Dunc.

I wouldn’t say he would be a fine appointment and it’s hard to judge either way on the few games he’s had. However I would certainly rather Motherwell (or whoever else needs a manager during the season) would take a gamble on a guy with clearly some passion like Ferguson instead of the usual suspects. 

I could see Motherwell going for Tommy Wright as a really safe pair of hands although I personally don’t think that would be the right decision.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I wouldn’t say he would be a fine appointment and it’s hard to judge either way on the few games he’s had. However I would certainly rather Motherwell (or whoever else needs a manager during the season) would take a gamble on a guy with clearly some passion like Ferguson instead of the usual suspects. 

I could see Motherwell going for Tommy Wright as a really safe pair of hands although I personally don’t think that would be the right decision.

As always comes up when we're looking, ignoring the reappointment of McGhee, the last time we went for a manager with experience of the Scottish top-flight was 1983. For whatever reason, successive boards have just decided we don't do the usual suspects. Going for Wright or someone who's been round the Scottish houses would be, bizarrely, incredibly left field for us.

As such I have absolutely no clue who we'll consider. Simo again? Ferguson would be a laugh if nothing else, why not...

I don't think there's really a circulation of the same names anymore and most of the Premiership appointments recently have been quite left-field. Ross and Goodwin have perhaps been the only 'boring' ones in the last 18-24 months? Obvs some have turned out to be incredibly boring, but there have been plenty of interesting appointments... they've just mostly turned out to be shite.

f**k, maybe the league was so shit last season because everyone was appointing poindexters and signing data inputs.