Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Realistically I'd be amazed of we punt him before Sunday.
It should be the Monday 8am appointment mind you.
Ideally we'd just leave him in Ireland.
I don't know if it's our worst result ever but it's a legitimate contender.

A win on Sunday doesn’t make up for this humiliation. He shouldn’t be given the chance.

8 minutes ago, CoF said:

Are we just ignoring the fact most of our ranking points come from Rangers and Celtic? 

In recent years Scottish clubs have been pumped out by Wales (ranked 50th), Kazakhstan (29), Azerbaijan (26), Sweden (23), Iceland (52). Scottish clubs tend to be shown up in Europe so let's not pretend we're not the ones with the record of farmers league pumpings. 

You’d need to take out the results of the top 2 Irish and Welsh teams as well then for it to be a fair comparison.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You’d need to take out the results of the top 2 Irish and Welsh teams as well then for it to be a fair comparison.

Is there a 12x salary differential between those two teams and 3rd like here?

I'm strangely muted tonight actually, it seems I got all my anger out last week. I could hardly have hated the club more after that but I've actually noticed before there's a masochistic point when you just accept the shitness and start rallying around for when it passes.

Sunday will be a debacle - hilarious or enraging depending on where you are in the cycle - but at least the peak/bottom has been reached now, it's probably better than bobbing along waiting for this in November.

23 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why do they not count or something? 

They count of course. But they are no measure of how good the rest of the league is.

AZ (Netherlands ranked 7th) play Dundee United (Scotland ranked 9th). Do you think it'll even be close?

23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The top 2 Welsh teams don't contribute to their rankings so are already out. Top 4 really. 

1 hour ago, AndyX said:

Take out Rangers and Celtic points, and where would Scotland be?

Why would we take out two Scottish clubs in a comparison between the Scottish league and the Irish league?

That's almost as stupid as when you selectively picked results rather than looking at your real position between Kosovo and Armenia as the bottom-feeding trash of European football.

Currently sitting in a Sligo hotel with 20 or so fellow dossers.

Before the game it was probably 60/40 to bin Alexander.

That has now gone up to 100/0.

Gutless clueless outfought outplayed and any other criticism you can think of was on display tonight.

A brilliant march up to the park full of enthusiasm great atmosphere inside the ground then 5 mins later............

btw the Sligo stewards and plod showed us how policing a game should be done, handshakes and a bit of banter.

Edited by santheman

2 hours ago, Thekerryman said:

Worth noting that the last three times League of Ireland clubs played SPL teams in Europe, Bohemians knocked out Aberdeen (won at Pittodrie), Derry eliminated Gretna (also victorious away) and now Sligo have put out Motherwell (won at Fir Park).

Competitive fixtures involving Irish and Scottish sides in recent years (all considerably more recently than Aberdeen v Bohemians in 2000 or Derry v second tier Gretna in 2006) have also seen:

Elgin 2-0 Bray Wanderers

Sligo Rovers 1-2 Falkirk

Motherwell B 2-0 Sligo Rovers 

Airdrie 3-2 Bohemians

Stenhousemuir 3-2 Waterford

7 minutes ago, santheman said:

btw the Sligo stewards and plod showed us how policing a game should be done, handshakes and a bit of banter

Aye - they were tremendous - literally the most laid back that I've ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I might ask them to refund my season ticket.

No offence meant and I've not read through the thread so you may have already answered this (apologies if so) but...what were you expecting when you bought a season ticket?

Watching Alexander's Motherwell has been the most miserable footballing experience I've ever endured. It's really not a surprise (to me) this result. I really don't know if some people have been deluding themselves but watching that team week after week surely can lead you to only one conclusion. We are depressingly bad, the worst in my lifetime. 

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

No offence meant and I've not read through the thread so you may have already answered this (apologies if so) but...what were you expecting when you bought a season ticket?

Watching Alexander's Motherwell has been the most miserable footballing experience I've ever endured. It's really not a surprise (to me) this result. I really don't know if some people have been deluding themselves but watching that team week after week surely can lead you to only one conclusion. We are depressingly bad, the worst in my lifetime. 

I am not serious. Just bullshit caused by rage.

It's more me wondering if it even is possible.

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

😂😂😂

GIRUY !!

Imagine if your team lose to this utter gang on Sunday. That would be a GIRUY moment. Not going to happen but I may pop back in here if it does. 

Nice place Sligo although did not see much outside the centre. People were very nice. Got to go away on a European trip. That is about it really. 

I was an Alexander fanboy for well over a year. Then I was 50/50. Now. He needs to go. He will probably get a few league games. But not sure why. This has been coming since last season. 

At least Prague lost as well. Stavangar may be a nice place to go but it is not Prague. So save myself a few quid. About the only bright spot. 

Well done to Sligo. Did not need to do too much over the two legs to beat us. Hope they do well next round but suspect this will be the last useless side they will come up a against 🤷‍♂️🤬

14 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

My reasons for the season ticket

• Supporting the Club.
  • Hoping things would change for the better. Believing that we would make changes and bring people in to improve the squad.
  • European football. Get access to away tickets.
  • Force me to go to more home games

I'm really thinking of cancelling it/getting a refund. I've already asked the ticket team if it is even possible in prep for the inevitable " we go again" posts.

Edited by Phillips455