Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I get what people are saying about how binning Alexander might be too little too late, and it might not make any difference, but even if that's true there would still be one massive benefit - it would make ME feel better, tonight at least.. Revenge, like pakora, is a dish best served hot.

14 minutes ago, Well Well said:

He has a contract until 2025 and I assume so does most of his backroom team....Very expensive pay off for the club that will leave nothing for a new manager to work with

Surely we don’t have to pay out the remainder of the contract in full? If we haven’t inserted some sort of get out in there then we’re in an even worse state than I feared. 

8 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

A new manager with nothing can’t do any worse. There’s no chance of him going of his own accord.

That may be so but to pay off GA and his backroom team will be in excess of half a million. Now cost in the wages of a new manager and his new team and the requirement for new players? Where are we going to get that type of cash?. I am wholeheartedly wanting rid but someone has to have a cool head and think what that would cost the club in the short term. Getting relegated would be a disaster and a possibility on this form which is continuing from last season, its a huge decision for the directors.

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Surely we don’t have to pay out the remainder of the contract in full? If we haven’t inserted some sort of get out in there then we’re in an even worse state than I feared. 

of course you would need to pay off his contract. No manager would accept a contract that has a clause that they would be worse off via a get out clause by any club, dreamland stuff

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Usually a 12 month pay off - to be honest that is just an assumption

44 minutes ago, Thekerryman said:

Worth noting that the last three times League of Ireland clubs played SPL teams in Europe, Bohemians knocked out Aberdeen (won at Pittodrie), Derry eliminated Gretna (also victorious away) and now Sligo have put out Motherwell (won at Fir Park).

There has been some insulting pish in here about Irish football.

Also worth mentioning that if you go back 2 more fixtures, you get St Pats drawing at Celtic Park and Shelbourne being 3-0 up on Rangers.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Usually a 12 month pay off - to be honest that is just an assumption

a wrong assumption, you would need to clear his contract or the contract is worth nothing legally. These are all wishful thinking

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

a wrong assumption, you would need to clear his contract or the contract is worth nothing legally. These are all wishful thinking

Gardening leave then so that no other team needs to suffer him

That may be so but to pay off GA and his backroom team will be in excess of half a million. Now cost in the wages of a new manager and his new team and the requirement for new players? Where are we going to get that type of cash?. I am wholeheartedly wanting rid but someone has to have a cool head and think what that would cost the club in the short term. Getting relegated would be a disaster and a possibility on this form which is continuing from last season, its a huge decision for the directors.

Not financially desirable sure, but sacking a manager never is. If the case is that we cannot afford to sack a manager then he isn’t the only one guilty of incompetence and mismanagement.

43 minutes ago, Thekerryman said:

Not to mention drawing with AZ in the Europa League group stages.

And not mentioning beating Maccabi Tel Aviv in Europa group stages.....   Talk of 'pub league' or 'farmers league' is really ignorant.