Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Honestly can’t see burrows sacking him

I don’t see any logical reason why he wouldn’t sack him and I think, after the nature of the performances, burrows will make the right call.
If the club have gotten themselves into a position where sacking the manager isn’t financially viable then GA isn’t the only one who needs to go.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

I reckon he's either gone before Sunday, or gone when we lose on Sunday. 

It's gone beyond a tipping point now.

How can you justify sacking a guy after allowing him to spend on new players and staff (up till last week) letting staff go that don’t fit Alexander’s model etc then sack him before the season begins?

I know how we’d all justify it as his team isn’t good enough but I just don’t see it happening 

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such overwhelming negativity before a league season has even began before. It’s a frightening and horrendous situation  for a club and a fanbase to be in.

Flow and the board dropped the ball by not sacking him earlier in the year but the longer they go without doing so the greater the long term damage it will cause. 

The summer recruitment (whilst possibly not done) has been an utter disaster. Still no reliable central defenders, no width, only 1 real striker, and an injury prone often suspended and uninterested one at that.

Why wait until we’ve lost and failed to score in the opening 5/6 games? Do it now, as I am absolutely certain all we will see is what we’ve witnessed the past 7 months over and over every week whilst Alexander is allowed to remain in post.

6 minutes ago, Toviewthefirparkturf said:

How can you justify sacking a guy after allowing him to spend on new players and staff (up till last week) letting staff go that don’t fit Alexander’s model etc then sack him before the season begins?

I know how we’d all justify it as his team isn’t good enough but I just don’t see it happening 

Easy, we lost 3-0 to Sligo Rovers without so much as laying a glove on them over 180 minutes. Also we've won 2 games this year?

Edited by Mr. Brightside

4 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

I don’t see any logical reason why he wouldn’t sack him and I think, after the nature of the performances, burrows will make the right call.
If the club have gotten themselves into a position where sacking the manager isn’t financially viable then GA isn’t the only one who needs to go.

He has a contract until 2025 and I assume so does most of his backroom team....Very expensive pay off for the club that will leave nothing for a new manager to work with

3 minutes ago, Toviewthefirparkturf said:

Ultimately if he stays in charge we are more than likely going down.

1 minute ago, Toviewthefirparkturf said:

We've been here before, though. Baraclough's emptying isn't a million miles away from this kind of mess.

Broadly, while I wouldn't say we're 'trigger happy' as a club, it's rarely dragged out.

The facts are that it's an expensively assembled squad, that's won 3 games in 90 minutes out of the last 23.

I'm not suggesting he should be here an was right for Robinson to depart when he did, but he'd have killed for the type of investment we've had in the playing side, and his side wasn't in nearly the state this one is.

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:
He has a contract until 2025 and I assume so does most of his backroom team....Very expensive pay off for the club that will leave nothing for a new manager to work with

A new manager with nothing can’t do any worse. There’s no chance of him going of his own accord.

Edited by ZX1886

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such overwhelming negativity before a league season has even began before. It’s a frightening and horrendous situation  for a club and a fanbase to be in.

Me too. As a Hibs fan, this is something I’ve never witnessed.

Happy Running Man GIF by The Swoon

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

We've been here before, though. Baraclough's emptying isn't a million miles away from this kind of mess.

Broadly, while I wouldn't say we're 'trigger happy' as a club, it's rarely dragged out.

The facts are that it's an expensively assembled squad, that's won 3 games in 90 minutes out of the last 23.

I'm not suggesting he should be here an was right for Robinson to depart when he did, but he'd have killed for the type of investment we've had in the playing side, and his side wasn't in nearly the state this one is.

At least you felt Robinson had some sort of plan. Didn’t always work out and he looked as if he had lost his willingness to replace 6 or 7 players each summer.

I think seeing St.Mirren signing players that we would need @capt_oatsto find a YouTube showreel for has actually been something I’ve missed.

Anyway, I’ve been teetering on the brink for a while but I’ve finally jumped head first into the Alexander Out abyss

Don't care how early in the season or how fucked you'll be for the rest of the season, that's one of the clearest sacking offences I've ever witnessed.

Do yourselves a favour lads. Better in the long run.