Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Craigan? He’s been absolutely spot on tonight.

Even when he was doing his fake hardman spiel about players being too soft?

The man is an arsehole, who appeals to 'yer da' esque pub bores.

1 minute ago, Thekerryman said:

Worth noting that the last three times League of Ireland clubs played SPL teams in Europe, Bohemians knocked out Aberdeen (won at Pittodrie), Derry eliminated Gretna (also victorious away) and now Sligo have put out Motherwell (won at Fir Park).

How does this relate to anything I posted? Sligo are still pish.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Even when he was doing his fake hardman spiel about players being too soft?

The man is an arsehole, who appeals to 'yer da' esque pub bores.

How does this relate to anything I posted? Sligo are still pish.

He was correct.  We didn’t lay a finger on them across both matches.  Whether it’s ‘soft’ is one thing, but it was certainly gutless, disorganised and completely devoid of any imagination at all.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I've watched a few LoI games and it looked around L1/L2 level.

I'm not expecting Motherwell to hit double figures but they should have been able to win the tie easily.

I mean, in the last decade Irish teams have beaten BATE Borisov and Partizan. I’d say League 1/2 is a stretch. 

I'm not a big fan of open goal but one of the stories I enjoyed was Slane talking about big curly toe Craigan hoofing the ball into the stands and him having to collect said hoofs. 

Tonight was very much a hoof and hope job.

7 minutes ago, AdamMFC said:

I can't wait to hear Alexanders post match comments of how he thinks we're unlucky to have lost and were the better team overall 🙄

Too pedestrian for Grezza. My predicted headline:

"Bullish Alexander insists he has eased the cost of living crisis for fans by removing the need to book expensive flights to Norway."

39 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Well then that goes to show you the quality of the Scottish league. I’m telling you, having watched Sligo in the flesh at least nine or ten times over the last couple years, there was no reason to expect a victory from Motherwell in this fixture

The hearts boy that scored was released from Falkirk last year.  There’s every reason to think a result like tonight’s is totally unacceptable.

The tie wasn’t about the gap in standards or lack of for me.  Motherwell played absolutely shocking both legs.  That must be the most concerning thing.