Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Apart from being mid table in a part time league? 

Well then that goes to show you the quality of the Scottish league. I’m telling you, having watched Sligo in the flesh at least nine or ten times over the last couple years, there was no reason to expect a victory from Motherwell in this fixture

Edited by The Other Foot

5 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Well then that goes to show you the quality of the Scottish league. I’m telling you, having watched Sligo in the flesh at least nine or ten times over the last couple years, there was no reason to expect a victory from Motherwell in this fixture

Anyone who watched Motherwell last season won't be surprised by this. We were brutal but effective until Christmas, then when we lost Watt we were just left with brutal.

A couple of decent performances post-split, but they were very much the exception.

Every single thing Craigan has said in the commentary is true and as plain as day to the whole world except for the Motherwell manager and it appears the directors at the club who may have invested way to much in the GA show to sack him.

Have to say, if there's any ray of light from this whole experience, it's this: I went to collect my mum and stepdad from Dublin Airport today, and they said that the Motherwell fans were incredibly well-behaved. A small group of them shouted 'Motherwell!' once as the plane took off, chatted quietly amongst themselves during the flight, then shouted 'Motherwell!' again as the plane landed. 

Top notch lads, those Steelmen. Respectful. 

Craigan's not minced his words tonight on the commentary and you can't really argue with any of the stuff he's said. The only thing I have to add is Josh Morris looks absolutely honking.

Edited by FFC 1876

Nah, he has to go. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. All we do is punt the ball long and can't do any basics right. In terms of the players, Mugabi was awful yet again. Never seen someone so determined to go for balls he'll never win. Connor Shields isn't a footballer, Spittal and Morris are both too one footed and everyone is too slow to do everything.